GWTW Forum
November 22, 2014, 04:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Pointer by Ceewan  (Read 1360 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: April 12, 2012, 01:48 PM »

Well I may get a chance tonight to fly the new Ocius Sul , but did fly the new pointer last night.   I nic-named it...The CooCoo Bird .... Any other nic names I am open to.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  It's 21 feet tip to toe.  The sail is 16.5 feet.  Ceewan made two with this pattern.  The other is purple and may still be up for sale...  $$$$ Call Jon ... Also he will set you up on mortgage payments.  Not that bad   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes but well worth it....  Wink Wink Wink  Just glad to have one of Leong's Kites .... Itwas fun inlow wind as she floated towards the ground .   Worked the line and up she'd go again.  Enjoy !!!

The videos are there ..I have no idea what external embedding disabled means ... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes ... But the linkworks.  I 'll try to link it again later.   

just click on the hyper link ...

The CooCoo Bird.wmv (External Embedding Disabled)

« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 03:46 PM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 02:24 PM »

oooh you got one of the fishface GeoPointers....nice........

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Wayner
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 05:54 PM »

Sweet  Smiley

I have the generic Premier version. I'll never complain about the time of putting mine together after seeing the effort to put this beast together.

Love the design and looks like a great flyer.  Grin
PUZZLE
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 05:28 PM »

LOVE THAT KITE Wink too bad they are so expensive

vertigo2u

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 03:45 PM »

They do cost a few piasters.   Call him and make him an offer he can't refuse.  Or call John Chilese and ask him to call .... ( they don't call him the Godfather for nothing).  Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed Lips sealed

p.s.- becareful  Huh Huh

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 10:18 PM »

LOVE THAT KITE Wink too bad they are so expensive
I've been working on a few of my own SLK designs and compared to the couple duals I built they are a lot more time consuming to build and can be a lot more work as well as a lot more material, so the cost if you want to sell them is going to be pretty high.  Just ask Ken how many hours he puts into a ichiban build.  LAst I heard it was around 5 weeks of 8 hour days.  My current prototype is going on 2 weeks at about 4 hours a day since I started cutting panels and I have a pretty simple layout atm.  In contrast I can build a dual from start to finish in less than half that time.
vertigo2u

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 09:55 AM »

To be a Good Kite builder you have to Love what you do.  Jon Trennophol happens to be one of those persons.  I met a guy named Adrian from Canada he had built a 32 foot pointer.  His sewing was a master piece in itself.  Ceewan had to have spent hours sewing and steetching. Fitting it together.  I watched Jon sew part of his pointer "P-Jazz".  Ripstock everywhere in the Kite Cave...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

You have to Love it to make a living ... Just because you build it doesn't mean   it will fly right.  Dual line patterns are out there.  There are even diagrams for briddles.  But getting those two elements to work together seems to be the hidden trick...

Tony when he built my stack ..How many hours do you think went into that ...??
Five kites framed ...Five sets of bridles measured and tied.  Two areas on he main briddle with pig tails adjustments... knots have to be tied exactly.  Top and bottom and left and right .....

I for one have a great appeciation of the craftsmans ship we all get from U.S. products as well as the Euro- builders.  Sort of like "Home Cooking" but it is really home cooking.  Guys across the Atlantic build their own ... Real "Home Cooking". 

Now you can order the same product called "Home Cooking" frozen and it's cheaper.  It really boils down to quaility.  Everyone on this site knows the differnce.  It's our wives who don't understand  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

vertigo2u

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 10:59 AM »

By the way ...

When I put the kite away.  I started at the top and Rolled it up.  The only problem is it's 7 feet long.  But easy to unroll and put the spine rods in.. Tighten bridle it's flying.  But it will break down for long travel as you can see.  Jon made the rods to come apart for travel ....
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 01:34 PM by vertigo2u » Logged

sunsetflyers
Trade Count: (+78)

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 03:08 PM »

got my pointer from thief great to do business with fast

Steve & Sherri
PUZZLE
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 05:03 PM »

got one as well Wink might have to go Bigger,,lol

[attachment deleted by admin]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum