GWTW Forum
April 19, 2014, 07:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Invictus Standard Completed (added Ghost UL pics)  (Read 1964 times)
sztender
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2012, 10:35 AM »

Plans in A0. I build two INVI and both sails are identical. Blu invi has little different nose. Yellow is normally sewn.
Here are a few photos.
https://picasaweb.google.com/105335150646999903816/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCKrBjY-Sorj_Ww
I measured the plans and LE has about 148

« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 06:03 AM by sztender » Logged
sugarbaker
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2012, 08:09 PM »

I can only tell you that I used exactly the frame dimensions that the plan called for.  (82.5cm lower and 68 cm upper leading edge).  This put the total leading edge frame material at 150.5 cm. (of course the nock adds a couple of centimeters).  with your calculation of 148 cm for the leading edge of the sail, this seems about perfect to me (and my kites turned out just as I hoped and planned).  I suppose if you prefer there to be more frame exposed at the wing tips you may add a centimeter or two to the upper leading edge spar.

I'm not sure why you've had to add or subtract length.  All I can confirm is how my results turned out.  Not sure what else you want me to explain or hypothesize.  The plan seems very accurate to me.
sztender

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 01:19 AM »

For me the tubes seemed to be short about 2-3cm
I was wondering if you had this problem or not.
Do you have extensive experience as a builder.
Now I know how it is. Thanks for your help
udin9568
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 08:14 PM »

WOW! and I mean WOW!!! Fine looking kite you got there.
A question...the LE material...what is it?
sugarbaker
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2012, 01:48 AM »

the leading edge material is mylar coated dacron (for purpose of explination).  I acquired it from Paul Shirey (formerly Aerostar Sportkites) when he closed down his operation.  I don't know if it is available anywhere at this time.  I cherish mine.  Of course I'll use it, as there is no point in saving material that could be used. It is glossy on one side and appears to be normal dacron on the other. it is very thin, but has the advantage of being easily cleaned and dose not tear/fray like dacron is prone to over time at high stress points like the edge connector points.

thanks for the compliments. 
HiFly

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2012, 01:59 PM »

I don't know if it is available anywhere at this time.
a german kite shop sells it per meter in different sizes

Mike
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography