GWTW Forum
April 21, 2014, 02:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Discontinued and LE kites  (Read 2362 times)
KSC
Trade Count: (0)

« on: April 20, 2012, 03:42 PM »

Hi, guys.

I did a search, but it didn't really notice a catch-all thread for this. I'll bet there's one out there, though, so my apologies. Also, I wasn't sure if I should ask this here or in the "pics and vids" forum, so please move it there if that's more appropriate.

Anyway, I've got my first kite on the way (thanks Steve), and I've been spending quite a bit of time boning up on what not to do when it arrives. I'm sure I'll have a million questions once I actually get in the air, but in the meantime, I'd love to see some collection pics you all may have. Specifically any Limited Edition or discontinued stuff out there.

While I've never actually flown a dual line before, I am a chronic collector. In other words, when I get into something, I don't just do it, I live it! Be it skateboarding, action figures, space memorabilia, whatever, I just LOVE stuff! I've only been looking into the hobby for a few weeks now and I already have my eye on BUNCH of other kites. Most of them I have no business owning at this early stage, but like I said, I get hooked easily.

One the top of my wish list is the red Zephyr from 2010. I'm also aware of the eggplant as well as the pink Q-Pros, the E2, Mirage, and all the Blue Moon stuff, but I was just curious what other goodness I've missing out on.

In short, make me jealous!  Cheesy

And it's great to meet all of you!
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 03:57 PM »

Revolution has their Master Piece collection that may interest ya. Smiley

RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 04:30 PM »

2008 Berkeley QPro

Prism Ozone... a must have light wind kite.

Rainbow E2.

2009 Berkeley E3.

Standard and Vented Illusion. Discontinued, but fun to fly when the mood strikes.

Vented Nebula.

2004 & 2008 Berkeley QPros

Some of my favorite discontinued and custom kites. I fully understand the collector thing, I wish I had more time to fly all my kites.

Adamld13
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 04:45 PM »

That rainbow E2 is gorgeous! Huh

RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 04:49 PM »

It flies better than any other E2 that I've flown, too. I think the previous owner knew how to tune it. I think it has to come out & fly on the next good day, now.   Grin

KSC

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 05:27 PM »

Revolution has their Master Piece collection that may interest ya. Smiley

Now that's limited! Damn, a lot of these are very cool. I'm LOVING the Gibian (Southbound 2) Rising Phoenix:

I see that's a Barry Poulter in your avatar as well, right? Is it from your personal collection?

Great pics, RobB. I'm a sucker for anything primarily red/black, so I'm a fan of that Ozone by default, but that 2009 Berkeley E3 is SWEET! I'm not usually a fan of too many colors together, but the subtlety of the rainbow against the grey and black really pops. Thanks for sharing these.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 05:31 PM by KSC » Logged
Adamld13

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 05:30 PM »

It flies better than any other E2 that I've flown, too. I think the previous owner knew how to tune it. I think it has to come out & fly on the next good day, now.   Grin

Ya i have both the E2 and the E3 i def prefer the E2...just need to install some yoyo's on it!

Adamld13

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 05:54 PM »

RobB....

I just finished watching your Flickr "kitebag" slideshow....Damn u
You sir have one fine collection! haha.
Looks like you have more than a few Collectors.
If your ever at the point where you think you have too many let me know Grin
If your like me that day prob wont come Cheesy

adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 06:08 PM »

I've got a few.
This, believe it or not, was the very first Solus Prototype with the old graphics.

Skyburner Firebird UL

Firebird UL (2)

Skyburner Kites Skyburner Original

Skyburner Kites Tika, designed by David Bui

HQ Kites Tramontana 2000

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 02:20 AM »

... I am a chronic collector. In other words, when I get into something, I don't just do it, I live it! Be it skateboarding, action figures, space memorabilia, whatever, I just LOVE stuff! I've only been looking into the hobby for a few weeks now and I already have my eye on BUNCH of other kites. Most of them I have no business owning at this early stage, but like I said, I get hooked easily.

You are going to love the Swap Meet here then, looks like more competition for the other collectors. Check often and pull the trigger quick, you'll notice there have been kites sold in under a minute when highly desireable.

(Hows that for plug guys?   Cheesy  )

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
KSC

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 07:19 AM »

Good stuff, adx! I like that black/red/yellow Firebird a lot.

@mikenchico: Oh yeah, I found my way. I was rummaging around in there all morning lying in bed. A few things caught my eye, but I think I better wait to see if I actually do like it, before I start living it. I should have a good idea hopefully by next weekend. I figure if I can keep the kite in the sky > 1 minute, not kill anyone, break (too much) of anything, and then actually return home with the kite itself and not a picture of it stuck up in a tree, I'll consider adding more to my collection.  Cheesy
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 11:58 AM »

Here's some Rev specials:

https://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej/CustomRevolutionKites

Here's a limited edition 3D photo of the discontinued Mamba.
That took a couple of hours to make in Photoshop.
Just cross your eyes.

https://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej/2004Kites#5430196681259640418

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
st3307
Trade Count: (+29)

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 01:24 PM »

I  don't  know if  this  fits  the  Bill  of  what  your  looking  for  but  this  is  a Sky Burner  Widow Maker Spider  LE  #3 of 6

Good air always Bobby
ainokea

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2012, 08:07 PM »

1 of 1, I was lucky enough to get it. 

Take a S.W.A.G. at it.
KSC

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2012, 09:53 AM »

@chilese: After an hour of oogling that "2004" album, I'm still only half-way through it. Some of those Revolutions are simply stunning. I'd kill for that dual-headed Randy Tom. I've been a Nagel fan since seeing the Rio album cover back when I was a kid. And that rising sun Vader is just amazing. 

@st3307: Hell yeah that fits the bill! Man, I'm really liking a lot of these designs more than I thought I would. The reason I say that is it looks like most kite graphics use A LOT of rainbow elements and  contrasting colors, both of which I'm not really a fan. Normally I gravitate towards darker colors in almost everything I do.  Cars, clothes, bags, sneakers, my personal websites, even the way I decorate my living space. Yet, after my initial snobbery, I'm finding myself strangely attracted to some of the bolder kites after all. Smiley

@ainokea: Crazy! I don't think I've seen one quite like that before. Truth be told, I haven't really seen many kites in the the sky in person. Some of them I can't even imagine how they're able to stay up there in the first place.?!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography