GWTW Forum
April 23, 2014, 09:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with Lazies ..also Norm P.Limited Edition kite cart  (Read 637 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+4)

« on: April 21, 2012, 12:53 PM »

I just started working the lazies.  I have not been giving slack onmy left hand.  It is starting to work...Help !!!  I had to quit wind was kicking up.  Howmany do you do in a row Huh  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  I am going to use this video as a starting point this season.  Notice no more 85 degree weather.   Angry Angry

Also I took Norms idea and went to Home Depot.  They sell that pouch that fits their cans.  It tucks right inside.  Great Idea Norm ... I couldn't find individual pouches.  Makes finding things easier.  Much easier..also holds beer.

Multi's.wmv

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 03:37 PM »

After seeing your photos.  I went to ACO Hardware and a few other stores looking for pockets to hook on the 5 gal. bucket.   I attached it to an old Golf Cart last summer.  The Husky Tool pouch at Home Depot  fits inside and out of the bucket.

At first I wasn't sure of it holding the kite lines.  Turns out they are a nice tight fit. Once it warms up the sun block,cell phone,camera and mp3 player now all have a place. 

I'll test it on the sand.  Rolls nicely across the grass.  Actually easier to push than pull.  Not that pulling is hard.   

P.S.- The little Creep-o-Runt is taking the summer to play his French Horn for some Symphony Orchrastra.   Ever see one of those people fly a Kite ? Nope !!! They just play Bach,Brahams,Mozart, junk like that.  They have no idea of a TNT, Deep Purple, Mamba, Widow Maker,Prisium....  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
jaybett
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 03:53 PM »

From what I can see of the video you are doing a snap turtle, pulling the lower wing out and releasing the top to put the kite, into a turtle. Your running into a problem, because you are waiting to long to give the input for the lazy. Once the kite goes deep into the turtle, that is when you want to pull on the line for a lazy.

I don't think it helps doing a snap turtle so high in the window. It's hard to see how deep the nose is going into a turtle. Normally I do my snap turtles from a ground pass, between 10-20 feet off the ground.

The other thing is to move your feet. Depending on wind speed I'm walking forward with one hand pushed forward to give slack.

Jay
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 08:51 PM »

For noe Stop trying multi lazies until you can get a good lazy.  JAybett is right in that your doing more of a snap lazy and that will cause problems because the kite isn't entering the turtle correctly due to bad input making you have to wait for the right position.   Start entering the turtle from a vertical climb and not from a side pass. Start from a launch , fly straight up and hit a back flip.  As soon as the kite lays over, pull for the lazy rotation.  Do this several times until you get a few good single lazies and then go for more than one. 

Once you get this step down try doing them from an upward turn out of a ground pass but fly a few feet vertical before hitting the back flip.  WHen you have this down then you can start learning to hit the back flip as an exit from the turn (AKA snap turtle) instead of turning up then hitting the back flip.   when you get the snap turtle down then a snap lazy is easy to learn.  In a sense your trying to learn 3 tricks at once so slow down a bit and work on one type at a time.
Hadge
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 02:22 AM »

Basically what Jaybett and CA Ike have already said, Multi Lazies are a whole different ball game to single lazies. Concentrate on a good clean single rotation and in time multis will come, I've been able to do Lazies for a long time but only recently had real success with multis ( mind you, the speed that you seem to pick these things up it won't be long!). It's all about the timing of the pull to keep the rotation going, I've also found it helps if you can get the kite into a good deep turtle. I can now get 4-5 rotations on a good day.

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography