GWTW Forum
November 23, 2014, 01:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lumokites "Dynamite"  (Read 1960 times)
PAW
Trade Count: (0)
« on: January 31, 2012, 04:27 AM »

A new Greek kite is there...from the constructor of the Pathos (Antonis Loumiotis)

Dynamite STD Videos:

Wingspan 211cm / Hight 91cm
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 04:29 AM by PAW » Logged
kostaaa

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 12:48 AM »

Hi,

in mid December'11 I got one of the early LK-Dynamites (actually, if we don't count 6-7 prototypes before that). I'm happy to say that I'm the first guy who starts to fly with this Explosive stuff after his designer Andonis Lumiotis.
I can share with you some first impressions. I can't draw conclusions in hurry. Full review of the kite will be written soon...

Lets tell you my story. I had problem doing Taz machines (success 2/10 tries). With Dynamite I start to do nice looking Tazs from the first day!! This kite is absolute TAZ Machine Machine! Grin
I remember very well what thought pass through my mind "Ok, Taz is so easy... let's try Half-Axel Cascade to TAZ".... in next moment -> BOOM!!! and it's done! Mind reader!!!
On the next try I messed my hand's movements... because I was shocked how easy that combination could be.... so, so excited to do HA-Cascade to Taz from first try!!!
This kite has so much ENERGY while spin that if you give 2 fast in-puts for Taz after completing the whole rotation you can pull Slot machine with a single in-put.... making looks like 900 degrees Taz...... smoth and FAST, not like double Taz with a lot of slack.

On the next day I start to make fast 3 in-put 540* Tazs!
Actually, we (me and Andonis) test the Dynamite for 4 days in Athens, ~5 hours each day (on the next day the weather was bad)..... and I saw Combinations that I've never seen before. He made some relax-looking side-slides..... and from that floaty movement DRAMATIC change -> Double Axel -> TAZ Cascade. Who could expect that the kite will start to spin like hell in Double Axel during side-slide....  Huh

On the 3rd day I did everything that I have done one Stunt kite.... and on the next day I made Triple Yo-Yo with ONE strong in-put and a lots of slack. My mind is going for quad yo-yo in smother wind... :cool:

Experience like this reminds me that the most Important thing about one trick kite is how easy you can learn new stuffs. And this is not noticed in the characteristics. Wink

Ace

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 02:04 PM »

Looks Good Cool

Got me interested.....

In the bag... Quantum Fire, E2 Ice, Micron Red, Deepspace STD and UL Blue, Nirvana Orange, KFX Red, Mohawk XS yellow.
mdilucca
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 02:08 PM »

Me too Tongue

Cheers
Mario

PAW
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 08:58 AM »

New video:
http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=6933.0
 Wink
PAW
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 11:28 AM »

PART II of mine  Smiley

http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=6985.0
PAW
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 11:00 AM »

-SUL- Video... Wink

http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=7108.0
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 11:47 AM »

Hi Peter and thanks. Great vids as always. what was the app wind speed in the SUL vid?
Regards kurt

have fun kurt
PAW
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 02:27 PM »

Hi Kurt, wind was changing from about nothing and sometimes maybe an 8 (2point landing)...wind was twisting and pushing down too, as you sure can see on the vid with the fixed position of the cam :-)
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 06:07 PM »

Thanks Peter It looked like what wind there was,was all over the place. You make it look way easy though. Nice looking Kite thanks again

have fun kurt
PAW
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 02:45 PM »

Here it goes to the UL video  Wink
http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=7283.0
PAW
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 04:46 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum