GWTW Forum
December 21, 2014, 09:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HQ - Coming On Strong  (Read 1808 times)
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: April 21, 2012, 09:58 PM »

It seems that the HQ lineup keeps getting stronger.

I was very impressed with the HQ Infinity sport kite and still hold it in high regard.

Been told that the HQ Montana is considered one of the best de-power foils for the extreme types.

You can get an authorized version of Houtermann's Box by HQ.

And let's not forget the SLK hybrid.200 or the quad-line Mojo.

Chris Shultz is more than just the big guy. He uses the product. That's him in the foil photo.

Maybe I'm just late to the party, but these chaps are putting out some nice stuff.  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 06:47 PM by chilese » Logged

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 06:36 AM »

Anyone have a mojo?

Sine Metu!
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 09:54 PM »

Anyone have a mojo?
NOt yet but its on the buy list.  Just because its not a  rev lol
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 03:24 AM »

HQ has always been at the top of the mass producers in my book.....I have sold a lot of their kites.....and enjoy them too...

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Hadge
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 09:11 AM »

I've always rated HQ kites very highly even though it might not be fasionable to do so over here. My kite bag consists mostly of HQ kites and several more have come and gone over the last couple of years including my old Infinity ( Lovely kite but I preferred my Soul) and always well made and good value. BUT the thing that annoys me with HQ sometimes is that they can be very slow at selling themselves.  When Flying Wings brought out the Soul - a big step up from their previous kites and aimed squarely at the high end market - they plugged it all over the place. A number of reviews, lots of videos on youtube and kites being sent out to shops for prospective customers to try.

When HQ launched the Chrome - a big step up from their previous kites and aimed squarely at the high end market - Nothing! No reviews, no videos ( except one unofficial one filmed in such a way that you couldn't get a real idea of how the kite flew) and certainly no demo kites. No one was going to spend high end money - 250 over here - on a kite based on the tiny amount of information on their own website and so it vanished - it may have been a world class kite, we'll never know.  The New Crackerjack looks like another very interesting kite but again, so far, no real reviews or videos. I'm sure HQ would sell a lot more kites and raise their profile a lot more if they just SHOUTED sometimes!

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
chilese
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 12:19 PM »

Oh! I forgot to mention the Shadow UL.

Trickiest light wind kite (SUL almost).

TGunn
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 05:21 PM »

HQ Also introduced their retro line of stunt kites. Some of their older best selling kites are now available, such as the Tramontana, Breeze UL, Jam Session. The team I fly with "TKO" is now flying Tramontana's and Breeze's.

Troy Gunn

Founding member of TKO Sport Kite Team - USA

http://tko.sportkite.team.tripod.com/Troybio.htm
coop
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 07:00 PM »

Two of my favs are my Tram and my Passion. Wishing I hadn't sold my Obsession.
CaptainWOW
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2012, 06:41 PM »

Welcome to the party, John. But I'm no relation to Joel.

Chris Shultz
HQ user / VP of HQ Kites & Designs USA, Inc.
chilese
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2012, 06:49 PM »

There are too many ways to spell the way your name sounds. Sorry.  Roll Eyes

zippy8
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 07:48 PM »

It seems that the HQ lineup keeps getting stronger.

Maybe I'm just late to the party, but these chaps are putting out some nice stuff.  Smiley
HQ~InVento have gone through some odd cycles in their line up over the years. In the mid-late 90s they had a really diverse range from beach toys to properly competition-spec. The Tramontana (in various year-model guises) was a familiar Team kite. The Jam Session did OK, I guess Wink They brought in a number of name designers and their brands as well but never really captured the upper end of the market. Then it all went a bit... low rent... for a while. Their latest attempt at high end, the Chrome, may well be the rarest mass market kite.

Firmly in the not bad... not for me category as far as I'm concerned. But then again I am such a kite snob  Shocked

1996 catalogue
1997 catalogue
1998 catalogue - probably the peak
2005 catalogue

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
MartinG

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2012, 01:59 AM »

I recently noticed that a German website has a new Chrome with "minimal disfigurement" listed for just 157 euros, could be a bargain? I don't think I am allowed to post a link, but judicious googling should yield success.
Hadge

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2012, 05:33 AM »

I recently noticed that a German website has a new Chrome with "minimal disfigurement" listed for just 157 euros, could be a bargain? I don't think I am allowed to post a link, but judicious googling should yield success.

Thats the problem, no-one really knows!   The spec was good ( but not outstanding) and I'm sure it would fly well, but wether it's a 'wow' world beater or a very nice but nothing amazing .. your guess is as good as mine. Can you afford to take a risk on 157 Euros?  you would certainly have something very exclusive.  If you do get it we need to have a review and a video! Grin

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
Stevo
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2012, 08:33 PM »

Definitely always been the top mass producer in my book, if only more people carried their stuff!

Stevo
Kareloh
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2012, 05:59 AM »

quite curious about the HQ Crackerjack... like the looks of it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum