GWTW Forum
April 24, 2014, 08:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hypnotized!  (Read 1981 times)
B-13
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2012, 06:11 AM »

Being on an island with almost all year round wind (assuming you are on the right side of the island lol)

I used to fly after the office hours when i started out and all day long i will watch the trees outside through my window Smiley
Now i fly on a large beach only during the weekends and i can say it's worth waiting for that day against frustrations.
You can watch some tutorials, read some old posts and learn a lot during the week days and put all this into practice on weekends Smiley
I know how it is and i knew this before...i even knew this again this year when i started quad lines kites...

I was once tempted with the 4D too but now that i have my flying habits and scheduled days, i realised that the 4D would have sit in the bag for eternity...

B

Proud Member of Kitelife.com #943 Smiley
KSC
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2012, 06:33 AM »

You both make valid points. On one hand the 4D seems like a good cheap(er) option to have on-hand just to have something when the urge strikes, but the wind doesn't. On the flip side, I have been watching and reading almost non-stop since I started. I swear I've played that Freestyle Pilot DVD more times than Star Wars (ok, not really), but that's actually making it worse. Every time I see something cool on there, I'm dying to try it. The other day I was walking into Toys R Us practicing the hand motions for a snap stall. I probably looked like a total goon!   

Now it is the weekend, and I can travel the hour to go to the shore, but I have birthday party today, it could rain tomorrow, my anniversary and Mother's Day are next weekend...I'm telling ya, the first morning the wind pulls the door shut as I step outside on my way to work, I'm calling in sick.  Angry
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 06:46 AM by KSC » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography