GWTW Forum
November 27, 2014, 09:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back from Cannon Beach April 23-26th...  (Read 665 times)
Sketch
Trade Count: (0)

« on: April 27, 2012, 05:40 PM »

Monday..Beautiful Sunny weather....Great flying conditions..
Tues......Started out Sunny n Beautiful...WIND STARTED TO REALLY PICK UP IN THE EVE...GREAT FOR HIGH WIND FUN!
WED! EVERYTHING then began to come apart....Strong winds Metered many gusts by sticking my hand out of the motel window with my Radio Shack meter with steady readings of 30 mph...and wind gusts up n over 50mph...DRENCHING Gully washing machine weather all day and all NIGHT LONG!!!
Thursday morning was sunny and beautiful...at sunrise, but then had to take out my vintage 92 HIGH WIND GOODWIND WIND-FLASH with the screen vents...plopped in some high energy HAMMATIME MUSIC on my head sets---until those old storm soaked vintage bridles began to part ways..ending up with a fractured lower bottom tapered custom made tri-wrapped demo spars that Kathy brought home with her from a friend from Germany.
LOTS OF TIME TO TOUR THE LOCAL GALLERIES AND PUBS!.....

[attachment deleted by admin]
MtnFlyer
Trade Count: (+50)

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 07:05 PM »

LOL!!   Cheesy

I was jealous as I saw your post. Then started to read. Then started laughing!   Cheesy 

Can't say I'm still not jealous.

Grin  Wink

Bob
Sketch

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 10:27 PM »

Bob...
Early Thurs. morning...just as the sun was coming up...I flew myfavorite HQ Shadow.....in the most beautiful SW wind that I have had the pleasure of flyin' in many many many a BLUE MOON'S AGE!
YES!
I thought of that beautiful Moonie collector lightwind kite of your's while flying to Jim Brickman's  Satchmo Armstrong's  "It's a Wonderful World!"Truly I found myself in that rare strange UNWORLDLY ZONE "where so many folks proclaim that they become one with their kite and with the wind---between the earth and sky where angels are known to fly. (HUMM? MUST HAVE BEEN WINDSHOCK FROM ALL THAT HIGH WIND the day before...or just maybe too many Brewski's at Seaside DOOGERS PUB the night before...

Sketch

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 11:02 PM »

Here is that favorite photo of Louis Armstrong...that has been with me for many years that once hung in my art studio at Phantom Works and now after retirement hangs in my home studio wall.

As a junior in high school way back in the mid 195O's I had the rare opportunity to meet Satchmo in person at a Trumpet clinic at Drake University where he took part in the trumpet clinic and later that night all of us trumpet students where allowed to sit right down in front of the stage that same eve. at the University Stage band where Louie was gave a 2 hour performance.   
I was truly blown away...when he asked a few of us  who attended the clinic that morning to come up and stand next to him while he explained to the packed audience how much he enjoyed working with young brass musicians. He even signed a bunch of his  famous white hankerchiefs for us.

obijuankenobe
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 04:51 AM »

Here is that favorite photo of Louis Armstrong...that has been with me for many years that once hung in my art studio at Phantom Works and now after retirement hangs in my home studio wall.

As a junior in high school way back in the mid 195O's I had the rare opportunity to meet Satchmo in person at a Trumpet clinic at Drake University where he took part in the trumpet clinic and later that night all of us trumpet students where allowed to sit right down in front of the stage that same eve. at the University Stage band where Louie was gave a 2 hour performance.   
I was truly blown away...when he asked a few of us  who attended the clinic that morning to come up and stand next to him while he explained to the packed audience how much he enjoyed working with young brass musicians. He even signed a bunch of his  famous white hankerchiefs for us.

These are my favorite type of musician stories.

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
Sketch

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 10:01 AM »

Yes..obi!!
 Thanks for posting those beautiful words by L. Da Vinci at the bottom of your forum post!
WORDS THAT RING SOOOO TRUE..especially heartfelt for all of us  addicted to the wind kite-krazee's  Smiley

"When once you have tasted flight you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward....
for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 10:34 AM by Sketch » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum