GWTW Forum
July 30, 2014, 06:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Three kites flown today.  (Read 441 times)
sugarbaker
Trade Count: (+7)

« on: April 30, 2012, 03:40 PM »

Wind was lousy here in Reno today (at least close by my house).  Gusty, no wind... repeat.  Then soccer teams started showing up at the field to practice.  Packed up after only 1 hour of a reminder at how inexperienced I am when it comes to flying.  All that being said, do I still love that I got out today and made "the walk" more than I kept the kite in the air? Yes!

On todays list of kite I had my custom Jinx, my home built B'zar 2011, and a Silver Fox Pro. 

Started with the Silver Fox.  Not very friendly in variable winds.  It will handle the gusts, but when the wind goes away, I've got no ability to keep that thing in the air.  Try to give it a little boost to the top of the window and I find myself with too much slack in the lines.  Then I've got a tangled mess of wing tip wraps on one line and slack in the other.  Silver Fox back in the bag.

Next up was the B'zar 2011.  Subject of my build thread any number of months ago.  Would you believe this was the first time that kite has taken to the air?  Sad I know, but there remains a number of kites in my bag that need to be flown so everything gets a chance in due time (I'm a sucker for pulling out the kites I love even before I go to an un-flown new kite).  Let me just tell you what a sweet kite the B'zar is in my hands.  Forgiving, floaty, begging for me to try new things and worth every second of time it took for me to build it.  If you haven't flown one or built one now is the time.  This kite was stable as a rock and allowed me some side slides, axels and even found itself experiencing some attempts at tricks I've rarely stomached before.  (again, I should remind you that I lack significant skill and making a big push to fly as much as possible this summer to improve said skill).

Only landing the B'zar because I knew my Jinx was patiently waiting to spend some time in the air.  I do love the Jinx as well.  As forgiving to the wind as I find the B'zar to be, the Jinx makes it's corners with more precision.  My heavy hands have no problem with some of the older tricks and feel comfortable practicing my stalls and axels.  Symmetry is something I've been working on (axels on both sides of the window for example) and the Jinx has been helping me get my courage to pull off some good looking tricks going both ways. 

All in all, I had an hour of fun today that was long past due.  Maybe tomorrow there will be some better wind and I can play again. 

Anyway, thought I'd share my thoughts on some of my kites.  (check out a B'zar if you haven't!). 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document