GWTW Forum
November 21, 2014, 08:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: do You remember Wind Dance  (Read 1156 times)
vigli
Trade Count: (0)

« on: May 02, 2012, 04:26 AM »

Hi to all
Do You remember them.....Yes Wind dance 1,2,3 soft speed, track kite.
I have one Wind Dance number 3.
It is interesting kite very good made. I think the company don't exist any more....
No tricks, axles and fades just regular flying....
smooth winds
boris
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 07:46 AM »

One of the more "Entertaining" sites on the internet, some of it has been archived on the Wayback machine, the guy had issues and too much time. Nice kites though.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 08:30 AM »

Their website was fascinating, but the Internet Archives cannot bring it back, thanks to
It was once on there as I recall posting a link to it, amongst others doing the same. It is a tremendous pity that the owner's truly epic rants on how "organised" kiting existed purely to do him down were an insight into another world. Not an especially pleasant or well thought out world but a change is as good as a rest.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 09:03 AM »

Darn, it's  gone? Just looked. It was an amazing bit of work, 100's of pages with every 5th word or so hyperlinked and cross linked. He had an obsessive belief in his product but kite competitions moved past the abilities of the foils. I always wanted one just because of the website, I guess I'm one of the reasons they're gone, because I never broke loose of the cash despite the desire.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
MtnFlyer
Trade Count: (+50)

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 11:39 AM »

I agree with the comments above about the site being both fascinating and full of rants. It's been a long time since I looked at it but I managed to snag the site near the end (1/30/06). Some interesting stuff in there.

Bob
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 11:45 AM »

I read it many years ago now when it was still up (I think).  It was interesting to see such a technical analysis of flight.   I was always a bit concerned with how valid it may have been due to the rantings that were also there, however.

6 kite tom
Wayner
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 02:26 PM »

I had a Wind dance 2.

Attractive design/colors good attention to detail
But, found more interest in reading the website rants more than flying the kite.
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 04:30 PM »

In some ways, the rants were probably more famous than the kites. 

I wonder how many potential customers visited the site, went "WTH" and just moved on.  That said, I was always more interested in the kites than the rhetoric.

When Rob had a Wind Dance 1, 2 and 3 up for sale, I snagged all 3.  I still have fond memories of a breezy day down at Colt State Park.  Rob was flying his mini-Octopus on dual lines and I was flying the Wind Dances with Premier Combo Tails.  Good times, good times.  Need to break them out again.

ATB,
Sam
ezme6
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 03:30 AM »

I have all three and love them. Great change of pace and they fit in a backpack....

"Do what you like"
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 07:54 AM »

I had all three as well just one left. I never quite grasped all the tuning theory though

Sine Metu!
RonG
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 04:13 PM »

The guy was a psycho, and a paranoid one at that, end of story.
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 08:55 PM »

Just last October the site was on the wayback machine. grrr...

Allen, AKA kitehead
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum