GWTW Forum
August 20, 2014, 05:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: review Transformer TL SUL  (Read 2449 times)
Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« on: April 03, 2012, 07:43 AM »

Hi, I reviewed a very nice kite: http://v2.1.kiteclique.com/wordpress-3.0/wordpress/skysport-designs-transformer-tl-sul-review-by-krijn

Frazer, thank you.

Krijn
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 05:55 PM »

I pretty much agree with most of this review. I can also add it Cometes super nice. The T SUL is one of my favorite trick kites ever. Tricks better than many standards and rolls up like crazy and does all that in super light wind too.Smiley It's definitely not a typical "floaty" SUL but rather a very tricky one. I don't know how Lam does it but I like it. A lot.

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 07:12 PM »

Yeah, sweet review.   Eli can cynique the kite pretty easily, so I'll ask how he does it.  It's the lightest wind flyin, trickiest kite I've ever flown full stop.   

6 kite tom
justinpwheeler
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 08:07 PM »

Yeah, sweet review.   Eli can cynique the kite pretty easily, so I'll ask how he does it.  It's the lightest wind flyin, trickiest kite I've ever flown full stop.   

Would you say it flies lower than a fearless SUL?  Tattoo?  I'm really considering the fearless SUL, but not wanting the tattoo variety.  If the transformer SUL is noticeably lower in wind range would it be a significant change in feel from the FVL?  Or should I stay within the Fearless family?
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 09:34 PM »

Fearless SUL Tatoo goes noticeably lower.    Still plent tricky as well, but as these guys say, the Trans SUL tricks like a standard in terms of how the kite feels and moves.

6 kite tom
Makalu1
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 10:55 AM »

What is the "Tatoo" version, please?

Scott

Scott Madsen
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 11:46 AM »

What is the "Tatoo" version, please?

Scott

Fearless Tattoo...

justinpwheeler
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 08:14 PM »

Fearless SUL Tatoo goes noticeably lower.    Still plent tricky as well, but as these guys say, the Trans SUL tricks like a standard in terms of how the kite feels and moves.

So in short answer, get both?  Smiley
Makalu1
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 10:06 PM »

Thanks, Norm, that explains it.  From all the pics the design looks so subtle as to be almost invisible, though it must look cooler when backlit.  If all else is equal, I'd be curious to know how much lighter the tatoo is than one of Lam's regular designs that are backcut.

Scott 

Scott Madsen
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 03:08 PM »

The Fearless Tattoo will fly in even lower wind than the Transformer SUL. The Tattoo is very trickable but still it has a SUL type feel to it. Less so than many others but still an SUL feel. The Transformer SUL bangs out tricks quicker and snappier than many standard kites can and the way it tricks is like a super tricky standard rather than a SUL. Just keep in mind it's framed in 2pts so don't smack it too hard Wink

I have them both and I plan on keeping both of them.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 05:08 PM by Dolphinboy » Logged

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document