GWTW Forum
July 24, 2014, 03:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fade Machine  (Read 1293 times)
vigli
Trade Count: (0)

« on: May 03, 2012, 03:56 AM »

Hi
I simply enjoy in long nice fade... Huh Huh Huh Smiley Smiley Smiley
With time stunt kites are pritty easyer to roll and designers care for pitch moves a lot.
That's why I think new designs has  longer standoffs  which has big affect on long fade and fade go to UNSTABLE FADE.
 Someones cares for one tricks others for other tricks...
 It is a compromise , something You got something You lost.
Look at this video, spetial the second part.
Sea Devil really sleeps in fade. Thats way I like it ,  next to other things plus...
With little care unstabile fade go to stabile fade.
And stabile fade to real pleasure...
Pure Zen.
Wondering which other todays kites are so stabile in fade as SD.

enjoy video- spetial second part of it....
all best
Sea Devil STD

Editor's note: thread title changed to Fade Machine because no-one should expect anything less - zippy8
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 05:23 AM by zippy8 » Logged
inewham
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 04:11 AM »

You'd like late 90's kites, just before everyone went backspin crazy - kites like the Outer Space will sit in a fade all day and a Midi 98 does a lovely rising fade. Happy days

Staked straps:

vigli

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 04:15 AM »

Yes, but kites from late 90's miss other tricks.
SD has extra stabile fade + pocket full of other tricks  Wink Wink Wink
Very interesting photo, thanks
obijuankenobe
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 04:25 AM »

The Sea Devil is an amazing kite.

Do not underestimate it.  It can do everything and then some.  The loss versus gain between it and the Fearless is NOT in favor of the Fearless in my humble opinion.  Maybe...maybe...the Fearless is more forgiving from the turtle position...but this means less skill is required to fly multilazies, or that they are flatter.  Not a huge gain in function.

Stick with the Sea Devil, and you will continue to be rewarded.  

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 04:38 AM »

I agree... the SD is a great kite. The Fearless was good to learn some tricks on, but I don't really miss it. The SD is much more neutral and predictable. The Widow Maker is similar to the SD in that respect, and it depends on what I want to look at as far as what I'll fly on a given day.

vigli

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 04:42 AM »

I feel moust comfordable with SD , ....  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

I remember when I learn my first  fade on the old first version od 3D kite by Prism. During the fade I almoust didn't breath. Wow....
 Cheesy
Lam help me a lot with Sea Devil and I was so lucky that I recognise good kite which fit so nice  to my way of flying....
Interesting on new videos kite flyers don't keep kite in long fade .
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 04:49 AM by vigli » Logged
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 05:29 AM »

Look ma ! No hands.

I also once took an in Fade Matrix for a walk along Berck beach, lowering it over quad team member's heads as I went. At least it gave them something interesting to look at for a change  Wink

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
Danno419
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 08:12 AM »

haha you vid is famous now Adam lol

JoE Talon UL #4
JoE Talon STD #138
Zephyr
4D
Acrobatx
Snapshot 1.2 & 2.5
Hmmmm Talon vent or SUL next... decisions decisions.
Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 08:38 AM »

the quartz really locks into the fade, you can feel the click in your lines!

no matter how you get in the fade - fractured axel or flare-fade - it fades very good

it makes backspins a bit difficult - because of the lock - but some timing will help, backspincascades get easier  Smiley

also: the tnt ul comp holds a pretty good fade: https://vimeo.com/29879439
cerfvoliste
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 08:45 AM »

The Fearless was good to learn some tricks on, but I don't really miss it. The SD is much more neutral and predictable.

You got that mixed up... the opposite is the truth when comparing these 2 kites.
CV

(And the Fearless STD will fade all day long)

johnfarl

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 09:25 AM »

Fun Fading
no wind.  good SUL or indoor kite.   80 foot plus long lines.  Put the kite in a fade.
Hand over hand pull it in until you can gently grab the nose.  Kind of like sitting on the stoop and whittling a stick to pick your teeth.  Just a thing to do.
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 09:35 AM »

I do like a kite that will stick to a fade like chewing gum to the bottom of your shoe!

It's usually one of the first things that I do just to check out the air quality.  If it's smooth enough to just pop in and maintain with no tending, then it's for sure going to be a GOOD day of tricking!

John, I will try that sometime - sounds like a good challenge!

Tom

6 kite tom
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2012, 10:52 AM »

The Fearless was good to learn some tricks on, but I don't really miss it. The SD is much more neutral and predictable.

You got that mixed up... the opposite is the truth when comparing these 2 kites.
CV

(And the Fearless STD will fade all day long)
The Fearless does most things very well, but the way it locks into a turtle is troublesome sometimes. I had my SDs before my FLs, and I still fly my SDs. The FLs stay in the basement...

Adamld13
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 11:03 AM »

Thats my vid! Too cool!! Grin Smiley

I def agree with Tom...
Cleaner the wind the longer the fades!
And that day the wind was epic!

Ara Ararauna

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 11:46 AM »

Really Cool!
I also love fades when I get the rare chance of doing one.
They tend to resist but I keep trying!

Zen ... indeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed...    Smiley    Tongue

N.

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document