GWTW Forum
April 24, 2014, 08:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: any good hotels on the beach in Seaside Oregon  (Read 1786 times)
Sketch
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 07:05 PM »

First Photo...Tolavana Inn..Cannon Beach www.tolavanainn.com
next..photo Ecola Inn (closest to Rock and downtown.) www.ecolainn.com

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 08:17 PM by Sketch » Logged
MtnFlyer
Trade Count: (+47)

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2012, 08:56 AM »

I have to second Sketch's words. Cannon Beach. South end, called Tolovana Park. Nice beach, usually good wind, not too many folks. That's where I actually met Don, flying out on the beach.  Cheesy

There are public restrooms next to public parking. Tolovana Inn sits ocean front there, also. That's where we've usually ended up for, wow, somewhere in excess of 25 years.

Don showed you a pic looking north toward Tolovana Inn and Haystack Rock.
This is a wide shot looking south...
clickable

And a few more shots to whet your appetite  Wink

« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 09:01 AM by MtnFlyer » Logged

Bob
Sketch

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2012, 09:41 AM »

Thanks Bob! Truly you have that Artistical' "MINDS-EYE" not only for beautiful photos...but equally for you beautifu collection of SKY ART KITES!
bye the way...lurking kite-krazzeee's here my long time all favorite MtFlyers photo & kite...that he so generously gave me a test ride right there on that same spot.
Looking outside this morning at the dark sloppy rain soaked Gig Haaba woods..things looks soooooooooooooooo much  brighter--- when I still reflex on that moment in time, at this beach...flying this most amazingly beautiful UL that so easily takes a mere mortal...to be n' equal and one with the wind..."between the earth n' sky---perhaps very near to where the angels dare to fly."  Wink

« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 09:43 AM by Sketch » Logged
tpatter
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2012, 10:20 AM »

Cannon Beach is one of my favorite places to fly!  A creek dumps into the ocean on the north end of town which makes a nice area to practice landing in the water if you are into that.

I didn't get there last year, but will definitely make at least a short trip this year.

6 kite tom
Sketch

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2012, 10:45 AM »

That north end is truly a fun place to hang...and if the wind is from the S SW or W...a fun place to fly kites...However, during the summer..LARGE CROWDS GATHER and also additional great veiws from Ecola State Park entrance just a few blocks north...offering  the best views this side of Paradise.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 11:44 AM by Sketch » Logged
ray3619
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2012, 02:41 PM »

seaside is nice , but we fly about 20 minutes north at sunset beach , about 12 miles of open beach you can drive on , i like it there cause i fly some really big and wacky stuff , ray

Avatar is a Force 10 with 150 foot tail.
Always looking for TOTL stuff
Sketch

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2012, 05:38 PM »

Yes..
I have flown at that beach many times before...however.....Depending on the Tides and wind directions...just like Ocean Shores...some parts of Longbeach and this Sunset beach share the same problemo' which is THAT HAVE ALWAYS  I DISLIKED INTENSELY KEEPING N EYE ON TRAFFIC!.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 05:40 PM by Sketch » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography