GWTW Forum
August 21, 2014, 09:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yard Sale Find  (Read 1575 times)
kiteking
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2012, 07:40 PM »

Wow, that the exact list of stuff I found on the side of the road, a couple of years ago... I stopped on my way thru, and wanted to see what was behind that tree 50 ft off the road.

While walking back, I noticed the bag...My guess somebody left it on the roof of the car, and drove down the highway, when the car swerved to miss a squirrel and rabbit crossing the road, the bag was thrown into the brush.

I checked it out, and wrote down the contents, and took pictures of all the kites assembled with the setting sun
back-lighting the kite with both ocean and mountains in the background.

As I walked back towards the truck, a strange small man approached, and asked if I wanted some "Magic Beans"

I told this person that I would love to buy the beans, if only I had money..he suggested we trade for them, I said I only had this bag of kites, and he agreed to the transaction.

He explained that the beans would bring good luck to me and all my friends, so I guess it a good thing Steve and Marcela are friends of mine, so they could use the luck.

Excellent find........

Sorry, I just had a great day in Crescent City, with sun, wind, beach, ocean, and the Rouge Valley Wind Chasers

"Wind to your back, Kite in the sky."

MikeM
Brookings, OR  - KP 4-11

#518  -    #110883 -

JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2012, 08:58 PM »

Somebody had to say it.

$5
zippy8
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2012, 11:08 PM »

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
kiteslinger
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2012, 06:43 AM »

I pissed a little last time I flew the rev 2 its soo fast & scary So I threw it out of my car .... ran back home and cried  so hard I vomited Cry My GF came and rubbed my back and told me I was a big boy for at least trying.

Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 08:47 AM by kiteslinger » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document