First Observations and flight on Zero G
(1/3) > >>
Kantaxel:
So.....
I got to finally fly the Zero this morning.  Of note is that our flight area is about a 50X45 fT. area in the front yard with lots of obstructions and winds that swirl coming from all 4  directions.

First off, the kite is certainly a glider.  Smooth and long glides were obtainable on the factory settings especially down wind.  In any wind at all the kite does not want to turn upwind with little to no elevation... It will just nose into the grass, and bringing the canard forward is a bit difficullt with the way it's bridled, into the wind.  I would suggest that one uses a heavier line, than is supplied with the kite, in any wind at all. It will definitely cut or burn you as you pay out under tension or stop the the pay out.   I flew it for awhile and then decided to mess with the bridle attach point and found it is a lot better low rather than high, for the wind conditions here that would go from 0 to 6 or seven MPH.

I then tried to adjust the nose tension and was very disappointed that, at least on our kite, the sliding fitting appears to be glued.  It is on the factory marks, that's one good thing, for sure, but our kite has no adjustment. :'( :'(

All in all, it is a totally different glider than anything else I've flown and the case and packaging are far superior to anything FW has to offer..........the assembly instructions and paperwork that come with are also excellent and so are the links to the Prism website and the videos Prism has provided.

I give Mark an A++ on this one

Jim
Ca Ike:
I haven't flown mine yet JIm but I have played with the setup.  On mine the canards tension slider was really tight and took some work to get it to move but once I did it moves a bit easier.  IT helps to flex the spine and take tension off the lines for the first few tries and twist the fitting. if it feels like its glued try moving it before you assemble the kite.
chilese:
Took some pics this afternoon in the backyard.

Had trouble in the past getting good close-ups of the kite in flight.

Solved the problem.  :)

Linked photos start below:
thief:
Quote from: Kantaxel on May 06, 2012, 12:05 PM

Jim

Sorry....Mark might get a bit of credit but that A++ really goes to ceewan.........
Ca Ike:
Quote from: thief on May 06, 2012, 06:09 PM

Quote from: Kantaxel on May 06, 2012, 12:05 PM

Jim

Sorry....Mark might get a bit of credit but that A++ really goes to ceewan.........

I give Ceewan an A+ for the design and Mark the A+ for the innovative fittings and adjustments.  BOthe for the graphics.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page