GWTW Forum
November 22, 2014, 09:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally, a new kite !  (Read 698 times)
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« on: May 10, 2012, 07:05 PM »

Well, I've been trying to not buy more kites. Been doing really good, it's been a year since I fell off the wagon last time... once a kite addict, always a kite addict, I guess. So, after hearing great things about the Solus for so long, I broke down and had try one for myself.
I know a lot of you would ask why I chose such a nasty color, but the first day out of the bag demonstrates why. We get a lot of fog on the Island, and it seems like I'm always flying in low light conditions. I have a terrible time keeping track of my dark kites, but I don't think I'll have that trouble with this one...

I can't wait for a good session with this kite, it's a lot bigger than I expected.

chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 07:16 PM »

When you're flying a 100" sport kite and doing tricks, getting noticed for the color is a minor part of the equation.

Looks good even in the fog.  Smiley

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 07:55 PM »

Nice one Rob!! let us know what you think when you get some time on her. I saw quite a few at KP this year flown REALLY well and they definitely make a presence

have fun kurt
ghfisanotti
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 06:36 AM »

Very nice pics, Rob! certainly strange colors, but it looks great in the fog. Congratulations on your new toy, I'll be waiting for your opinions about it once you'd had the opportunity to spend some time flying it.

adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 06:39 AM »

Generally I'm not a huge fan of the flo colors, but I really like this one.  Smiley 'Hope you enjoy it!

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum