GWTW Forum
October 23, 2014, 12:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Withdrawn  (Read 1777 times)
np
Trade Count: (+25)

« on: May 12, 2012, 07:09 AM »

Smiley
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 05:04 PM by np » Logged
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 09:33 PM »

Norm, maybe nobody here knows "for sure"
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 09:35 PM by ko » Logged

have fun kurt
kepople
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 07:02 AM »

Tell you what Norm, this is approaching a "top Secret" status. Smiley

I am not as concerned about the color, but understand why you are. I just want to know when they will be available as I am planning on purchasing a different kite in addition. Well, I am about to just get the UL of the other one and be done with it. I love my SF's, but there are others.
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 08:39 AM »

hi norm I did not mean to sound harsh (if I did). Like you state,it seems Mr Bell posts vids of the latest, more than He reads posts about what his customers (or future customers) are wondering about SORRY you cannot get the info you and others are looking for.

have fun kurt
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 02:03 AM »

TO be honest I'm not expecting much on this kite until its in the shops or Steve announces a date.  From watching all the vids Bell has posted I get the feeling its not fine tuned to his liking yet as I see subtle differences in the way the kite handles.  One vid it floats really well, lays over really slow and seems graceful yet later its rolling up fast and dropping like a rock and looks like he's really working the kite to get it to fly.  Also looking at the vids the colors look the same but maybe a shade lighter.

I could be all wrong though and FW is taking a cue from prism and not releasing any real stats until the release date is set.  There was virtually nothing on the pro until the release was announced but a few vids as well a week or so before the official announcement.  With all this early footage causing hoopla and frustration with no real info along with it, it may have more of a negative affect than Bell realizes when its actually released.  YOur not the only one I've heard wondering if its all just smoke and mirrors Norm.
kepople

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 08:47 AM »

Kent told me they received the first shipment a month ago. So I assume it's officially released. Just small quantities I guess since he's already out...
So strange how this is rolling out.

Just give a shipping date or something. :-)
bell
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 08:48 AM »

Sorry guys for the late replying!
The final adjustment has been confirmed.
Colors for SF2.3 pro UL are Yellow, Lime, Blue and Berry.
Other information can be found on following images!

Thank's~

Bell Chiu
socalman320

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 03:25 PM »

Way to little.....Way to late.

WOW! Really? Cool
Adamld13

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 08:17 PM »

Yah I'm kinda confused....
Flying wings is a pretty large kite company but what do you expect?..a 24 hour hotline?
I'm not goin to disagree I have def had my fair share of problems with flyin wings but
They do offer good kites ecspecially for the price.....I'm happy overall.

Thnx bell for taking the time to give us all the specs!

kepople

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 08:24 PM »

Adam did you get the ul in the air yet?

If so how about a flight report?
Adamld13

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 08:31 PM »

Noooo Cry

Hopefully tomoorow....it rained all day today.
I will let you know asap!

Adamld13

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 10:14 PM »

I was going to buy the kite regardless.
The specs of the kite were not a deal breaker for me.
Is there some problem with a surprise?
Maybe they like to keep things interesting?

I have had a few flying wings kites I ordered show up with the standoff clips broken,
And one was the wrong colour.
Other than that I've been more than happy with flying wings.
I find it hard to complain when buying a kite that's made of the best materials
And performs amazingly well for $200.

When you pay $300-400 for a hand made kite with the kite builders reputation and lively hood on the line maybe you might know before hand if there is one stand off or two.
Maybe since not Every kite made by flying wings is designed by the same person there is a breakdown in communication? Who knows....all I know is is I'm happy wih flying wings.
Good bang for your buck.

Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 09:24 AM »

NOthing wrong with wanting to be an informed buyer Norm.  I know Adam has had tons of questions himself before buying Tongue

Adamld13

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 06:58 PM »

All valid points forsure.

IM still quite new at the kiting thing so the fine details are not as important to me as they may be one day.

I will def admit if flyingwings had better customer support, colourizer and more parts readily avaliable they would def be one of the best kite companies IMHO...
The company/site does have a "broken" feel somtimes

And Anthony I do remember asking you questions about kites....but NEVER about specs, more on your opinion on value for used kites. Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change