GWTW Forum
September 22, 2014, 05:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KAP Pictues with a GoPro  (Read 896 times)
ghfisanotti
Trade Count: (0)

« on: July 23, 2011, 05:37 PM »

I've got a GoPro Hero HD camera and was experimenting with it mounted on a Proteus dual-line and a Rev quad, here you can watch some of the pics: https://picasaweb.google.com/109499384873263704128/KAP110723

I shot some video footage too, but I still have to edit it, hope to publish a video shortly.

DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 05:44 PM »

wow, i want to fly there!
any idea on the weight for the camera and rig?

Sine Metu!
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 06:39 PM »

Hey G-
Wow ! Nice shots ! I'm really jealous of your flying spot, even an off-shore breeze must be pretty smooth, looks like the wind has plenty of room to settle down after going through the buildings.
Glad to have this perspective on your flying field, I recognized the statues (monuments ?) from your videos.
~Rob.

thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 07:14 PM »

Well done!!!!!

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
ghfisanotti

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 07:26 PM »

wow, i want to fly there!
any idea on the weight for the camera and rig?

I have not weighted it myself, but according to the GoPro manual, the camera with the battery included weighs approximately 90 grams, the rig as it is now might be another 40 grams or something like that. It did affect the flight of both kites, but they both were relatively easy to launch and keep on the air, even today that the wind was quite low, almost in the UL range.
ghfisanotti

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 07:51 PM »

Hey G-
Wow ! Nice shots ! I'm really jealous of your flying spot, even an off-shore breeze must be pretty smooth, looks like the wind has plenty of room to settle down after going through the buildings.
Glad to have this perspective on your flying field, I recognized the statues (monuments ?) from your videos.
~Rob.

We consider ourselves quite privileged to have this park so close, it is four miles from my home, I usually get there faster in my bicycle than driving the car. Those strange towers in most of my videos are called the "Monumento del Milenio" and nice or ugly, it have become an icon of the park. And you are right, the wind is enjoyable even when off-shore.

WinterDaze
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 03:18 AM »

Great setup   Cool

Looking forward to  the video Smiley

WinterDaze AoF
SSpooner
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 11:40 AM »

Nice... I know this was posted last year but I just found it (searching the forum for 'KAP')... I love it, great job! Next time I shoot some fisheye lens pictures. I'm curious about the location and what the towers are for.
ghfisanotti

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 02:51 PM »

I'm curious about the location and what the towers are for.

Location is Paseo de la Costa in Vicente López, northern suburb of Buenos Aires on the coast of Río de la Plata. Those towers are a monument commemorating the beginning of the millenium.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document