GWTW Forum
October 24, 2014, 04:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: whats your Go To kite...  (Read 5553 times)
Kareloh
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2012, 07:56 AM »

Go to kite in comp. : Vendetta's

Windconditions: Mostly inlands variable wind, sometimes beachwind.

Flying dualline kites since 1990, back to trickkites in 2006.

(other A bag kites: Magnet, SIN UL, Essence STD/SUL, P2, Nirvana Strong)
bryan beasley
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2012, 10:57 AM »

1 - Comp and Trick Style - CTC's
     Freestyle -Talons (with the occasional DS or Trident or A.N. other as the mood takes (Damn, why did I sell that Androgyn? ) ;-) )
2 - Ocean now... inland prior to last summer
3 - '98 ish I guess, a few years after with any degree of purpose. 90% dual line, with the odd bit of quad and traction for good measure.

Bryan
obijuankenobe
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2012, 11:33 AM »

I have had two Androgyni.  I have zero now.

Not sure how I feel about that.  The weaker flyer in me back then did not jive with them, except they did teach me the backspin cascade.  Gosh is that easy on that kite.

Sorry...for now, still XTs.  But I do remember really liking Carlo's Vendetta...and I have one that is still unflown since arriving!?

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
kitegirl

« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2012, 10:12 PM »

Mike, is that a bag or a trailer?

Ok, to help Mike out here he was listing my A bag as well. But, really depends on if you are talking A bag sports or single lines. We each have our own A bag for sport kites and the we have our A bag for single lines. Cuz, you see you just never know what the winds are going to do here. So, have to have lots of choices. Most days the winds are low and changing directions every few minutes. But, the Switch is my new favorite kite. I just love it everyone needs a Switch in their A bag!!!!!
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2012, 10:15 PM »

Mike, is that a bag or a trailer?

Ok, to help Mike out here he was listing my A bag as well. But, really depends on if you are talking A bag sports or single lines. We each have our own A bag for sport kites and the we have our A bag for single lines. Cuz, you see you just never know what the winds are going to do here. So, have to have lots of choices. Most days the winds are low and changing directions every few minutes. But, the Switch is my new favorite kite. I just love it everyone needs a Switch in their A bag!!!!!
Or 5+ in a stack Tongue
kitegirl

« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2012, 10:49 PM »

(sheepishly) I don't have a go to kite, except my quantum.

Silly question to modify the post, Why do you like flying kites? Me, I love being outside all the time and that it is me and nature. No electricity.

Quantum is an awesome kite. Like Mike said I have multiple other kites to fly and most days I still fly the Quantum. It does a great job pulling a tail.

As for why I like flying kites it is a great stress reducer. I love being outside and spending time with good friends and family.
martijn
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2012, 05:07 AM »

Wow, 4 pages before someone said a nirvana...
It is interestesting that there are very few duplicates, and how many different people find comfort with different kites. Also how many people "goto" kites that you cant get any more...

on page 2, i said nse UL as my go to kite after my nirvana debray Wink
kepople
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2012, 07:48 AM »

Oops you are correct. So nirvana is higher up the list. However I still expected more people hitting their nirvana first.
jecko

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2012, 12:14 AM »

TNT comp std  (at the beach)
Widowmaker std ( inland)
Talon UL
JJF SUL

about 3 years ..and I still can't comete. Cry

gray

« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2012, 03:43 PM »

1) Go to kite(s) - R-Sky NSE STD and NSE UL
2) Flying field - Inland / lakeside (kinda nice but inconsistent)
3) Flying for about 5 yrs
kepople

« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2012, 07:13 PM »

Gray, of the NSE's which has a trickier feel, the STD or the UL?
gray

« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2012, 09:32 AM »

Itís just my opinion, but with a stock setup the tricks feel very similar in the center of their respective ranges. If the upper spreader is shortened on both, the STD is the trickier of the two.
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2012, 10:37 PM »

If there is enough wind then a Transformer Vent, Mohawk XS or Fearless Vented Light. Less wind then a Mohawk XS UL or Transformer SUL

Inland / mountain with every direction wind.

Started dual line flying in (aprox) 1986 to about 1993ish. Took a long break and started up again in 2007.

New kites and tricks are better than old kites and corners.

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
kepople

« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2012, 08:16 AM »

Itís just my opinion, but with a stock setup the tricks feel very similar in the center of their respective ranges. If the upper spreader is shortened on both, the STD is the trickier of the two.

how much do you shorten it?
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2012, 10:06 AM »

how much do you shorten it?
There are about 6 different frame specs for the nirvana if not more looks in past threads or google them if you really want to know.  This tangent can make a whole other thread....again Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change