GWTW Forum
October 25, 2014, 04:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Beetle 2600 Broke on first flight  (Read 1716 times)
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2012, 02:43 PM »

If you can't get the seller to supply you replacements at no charge you may want to consider upgrading to TAPA'a (Tiny APA's).  These are pretty much industry standard and very durable.  Replace both sides if you go this method.
You should also grab a few stoppers as it would really suck to go to reassemble the leading edges and find that the stoppers are damaged or lost.
If you need help with this drop me an email.

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
OGL
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2012, 06:11 PM »

I can honestly say that the members of this forum are some of the most immediately helpful of any I've encountered in my years of internet travels.  And those years started by accessing BBS's with a 1200 baud modem and an Apple II.

You've surely saved me from tossing the kite and chalking up my time/money as a loss.

Update:  I did send an email to stuntkitesusa but have not heard back yet. 
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2012, 11:12 AM »

Get with Steve here and he will get you fixed up.  You are talking about $2 to $3 bucks worth of parts to have your beetle back in the air.

The beetle is one of the most durable kites out there, the fittings are obviously dried out and old because new ones would not break like that.

Actually, the only weak point of the beetle is the bottom pocket for the spine, where it may punch through when you lawn dart it too many times.  The rod doesn't break and you can usually fix it in 5 minutes with a sewing machine and scrap piece of denim.

stucm89

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2012, 04:24 PM »

I have seen this problem before on another Beetle and it is not an uncommon problem on the new ones. The older ones were almost indestructible. I know since a Beetle was my first stunt kite. The advice I have already seen here is the best, replace the connector with a style of connector called "tiny APA's" and you will no longer have that problem. Since you live in a higher wind area you might want to look into getting the high wind booster kit for that kite. It's a relatively inexpensive fix, and shouldn't take too long to do. Have fun with it!
Stu
www.wackos.org
www.youtube.com/stucm89
OGL

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2012, 09:32 AM »

Once again thanks all!  I'll be out of town next week so no chance to work on this until then.  But I'll be taking some of you up on your offers.

Cheers!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change