GWTW Forum
October 25, 2014, 06:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: finding new posts  (Read 1569 times)
oyehut1955
Trade Count: (+8)

« on: May 15, 2009, 09:24 PM »

on the old forum we could set the amount of days we wanted to go back to look thru threads..  all i can find now is show all posts since i last logged in..  well today it says there are no new posts but i know there are because i went to the home tab and skimmed down thru them and see several from today and i just got to the computer tonight..

can i go back a day or 2 if i want to?  Is this function available?

Thanks, debbie

"it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string"

http://community.webshots.com/user/oyehut1955
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 10:40 PM »

We've discussed that loss, it's very missed, nobody has found a workaround and Steve has searched for a mod to add it to this new system but hasn't had any luck.

Are you sure you were logged in at the time? I check the box to keep me logged in forever but like the old forum every once in a while you'll have to log in again. That presents a problem since with this forum guests are allowed without registering or logging in so it won't ask for a login until you attempt to post. If your in as a guest there won't be any sign of new posts since your last visit.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 04:39 AM »

In forum stats, at the bottom of the forum index page, click on " View the most recent posts on the forum."

This will give you the last Ten pages of posts in order.

That's as close as we get. Or just go to the particular forum you are interested in viewing and go from there.
randyg
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 08:18 AM »

We've discussed that loss, it's very missed
+1

oyehut1955

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 09:43 PM »

thanks guys.. Cry

normofthenorth
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 12:00 PM »

I miss it, too. Sad

I also liked the organization of the old "active topics" view -- all the newish Swap Meet posts were together, it was easy to skip (e.g.) the quad-line stuff I'm not into. Now they're all jumbled together in chronological order, which can't possibly what anybody wants to see.

And BTW, I also miss the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the thread.

Norm

Norm in Toronto
Admin
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 05:23 PM »

Norm, sorry I can't help with the active topics deal.  I am hoping that maybe this is a feature that will be available in the next version.  As to the quick reply box you simply need to turn it on.  profile > Look and Layout Preferences > Use quick reply on topic display:      then choose >"show, on by default" from the drop down.

Forum Admin
"It's good to be king"
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 07:07 AM »

iirc you can get an rss feed of each and every forum section as you choose to.....
that way you can have an rss feed going to -lets say- your igoogle homepage that just shows the posts (recently made of course) of the swap meet, or of the quad line section.....

hmm..think i am going to do that right now for me!

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
normofthenorth

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 08:23 PM »

Thanks for the Quick Reply box, Admin!

Norm in Toronto
oyehut1955

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 08:46 PM »

how does a rss feed work?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change