GWTW Forum
September 18, 2014, 08:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Practicing for Cranston. Things are starting to come together...  (Read 812 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: May 19, 2012, 01:48 PM »

Got to say been a good month so far... I think the other day I finally have got the knack of the Wing Tip Take Off.... I did a bunch the other day..no film..( didn't happen rule # 182b-c...)  I realized a Wing Tip Take Off is a half axel on the ground.   Dah !!!  Lips sealed Lips sealed Undecided Undecided Undecided Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Huh Huh Huh

Have to practice some more.  Wind is 4 mph at the beach... It's 5 PM Saturday cooking dinner for my wife and Mother in law.  Then I am Gone... Great Day today...

Please comment on everything..  540's really looking good.  Call junk..junk.

Practice

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 10:57 PM »

As I'm with him right now, we both started laughing when we read that title.  Cheesy
When you're on the wingtip, you're popping the bottom wing instead of the top! Try that, see where it gets you.
You can pull the bottom wing, for a reverse coin toss(ollie), but the kite needs to be at a different angle on the wingtip, etc. Thats all much later, after the first coin toss is learned.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
RonG
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 03:06 AM »

What are you practicing for?  A competition, a demo, something else?

If it's a competition, what style of competition?  I can comment on what I see but first would need to know what the goal is.
vertigo2u

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 01:30 PM »

Sorry Ron it was a joke with Devin... I kinda need a a practice routine.  I spend a lot of time practicing..

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
kepople
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 05:55 PM »

540s are looking good. I am jealous.
I accidentally did a coin toss today, but thats not what I was trying to do Smiley
RonG
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 03:35 AM »

Sorry Ron it was a joke with Devin... I kinda need a a practice routine.  I spend a lot of time practicing..

Ok - inside joke.

I'd say if you're looking for some general advice, and if you are ever thinking of flying any kind of real routine for demos, competition, or whatever, then stop making your flying so random.  Think about going from point A, to B, to C, etc., and make whatever tricks you do along the way part of that flow.  For example - you want to do a cointoss?  Cointoss from one wing to the other, then fly a nice crisp diamond, and land again with a tip stab on the same wingtip.  2 tricks you can practice and the whole thing looks great.  Lots of other tricks you can practice in a cohesive series if you think a bit about how they are entered and exited, and when you do it that way the whole thing looks a lot better.
justinpwheeler
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 04:01 AM »

I have very little room to speak, but the axels on the WM look awkward.  It seems that the  non popping wing is rotating up instead of around. 
jaybett

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 02:44 AM »

Just a suggestion, you might want to watch some videos to see how others string tricks together and combine precision with tricks.

One of the first videos to catch my attention was the Qpro SUL, by Matt, I can't remember his last name.

Shawn Tinkham, has some videos on his website, Viper Sport Kites.  The one with the Vendetta SUL, combines nice flying with tricks.

Dave Smith does some incredible flying on the Blue Moon Exile demo video.

Jay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document