GWTW Forum
November 23, 2014, 05:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Slk fun in Dallas  (Read 648 times)
kepople
Trade Count: (+7)

« on: May 19, 2012, 03:45 PM »

Stopped by the DAKO meetup to pick up my new tech Moonlight star and spinner.
Here's a bit of the action... Well, they are slk, so there not much action per sey

The new hotness

Some others

Might have to get one of these purple ghosts

« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 03:49 PM by kepople » Logged
glen871
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 10:05 AM »

Very nice photos.  That moonlight star kite looks awesome.  It really stands out against the blue sky.   The purple ghost stands out too.   Looks like there was a good selection of kites flying. 
Wayner
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 10:26 PM »

Nice. Wish I was there.

Thanks for the pictures. Love your moonlight star. i will be putting this on my list.

Ara Ararauna
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 11:43 PM »

Really, really nice!  Cheesy

The two first pictures could well be entered to the contest!
http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=7255.msg65866#msg65866

Cheers!

N.

In my bag...
Duals: NoName (NoBrand), Nexus (Prism), Soul (Flying Wings), Talon UL (JoE), LeQuartz (own build), Illusion Classic (Prism), Aura SUL custom (Skyburner), Sixth Sense STD (Krijn)
Singles: Conyne STD (my design)
Tmadz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 04:59 AM »

Is your Moonlight Star pretty stable flier? I saw that and looked up Robert Brasington. His kites are beautiful.

I also like the Ghost Delta. If you're gonna fly a delta might as well make a statement.

My desire for accumulating kites just moved out of wallet level to bank loan. Crud. Cry
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 05:06 AM »

tmadz: you can easily get into kites designed by Robert.....New Tech produces some licensed copies of his kites that the owner and host of this forum can get for you...then windswept kites also has single pieces that were made by Robert that are very affordable....hit the link on the right to see what is there....
(caveat: I am windswept kites)

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Tmadz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2012, 05:21 AM »

Thanks. I saw them on your website and then followed to his. I have to say that I was drawn to them immediately. Especially the new Electric Slim and his Genki-like Tribal. I love the colors on the Electric slim you have. And I like the White Angel. Heck I like them all.  Wink I don't think my fathers day budget goes that far. I am requesting the Moonlight Star as an acceptable alternative now.
kepople
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 07:03 AM »

As kites go, the Moonlight Star is very reasonable I thought.

Its pretty stable considering its shape. Seemed like it would be all over the place, but after I put it together, I was able to walk around with it to get my camera.

Blue one is nice also.
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2012, 07:44 AM »

As kites go, the Moonlight Star is very reasonable I thought.

Its pretty stable considering its shape. Seemed like it would be all over the place, but after I put it together, I was able to walk around with it to get my camera.

Blue one is nice also.

New Tech has done a pretty good job at bringing out some neat designs at affordable prices....and they fly well too...

So...go and get a couple more of those....make a pigtail on the back of each kite at the spot where the forward bridle leg attaches to the spine....and then you can easily stack them....

the single pieces that i sell are test pieces from Robert's work bench...they all stack....and you can intermix the stack with different designs or sizes....

Even Robert's deltas are made to stack...

This is a stack i bought from Robert called the Kurtz Tryptich (mine is purples though):

I have wanted to make a stack of these for awhile now:
http://www.newtechkites.com/products.php?product=Flame-%28Blue%29
&

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum