GWTW Forum
November 26, 2014, 03:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: magic kite  (Read 619 times)
vigli
Trade Count: (0)

« on: May 20, 2012, 08:35 AM »

Hi
I know that all we have a lot of kite in our bags.
Very often entusiastic new kite flyer will buy new kite and will go to fly without a pressure of other kites which he don't have...
But as the time go- kite bag will grow grow grow and on the end kite flyer will go on field like he fly paraglider-kite bag whith bunch of kites not only with one 200-300 gr. weight kite.
I think it big pressure and only one kite would be answer for that day.
Yes but which one......? What will wind be.
Well OK then 2 kites. One stand and SUL let say.
All kites which You have is one very big experience for You. Use it to find best buddy kite!!!
My point is very nice feel to go only with one kite on the field. That freedom of equipment which is 90% moustly unneccesery very offen or if You don't plan to fly all day..
Also very offen I loose a lot of time changing kites. And  maybe I have only 1-2 hour of time for flying.
I saw one great video on You tube with Gemini kite. Kite flyer take one kite assambled Gem jump on the skeboard. Go and fly and go back to home. I feel a lot of freedom and joy in that video. Kite flyer belive in THAT kite go to fly WITH THAT KITE.
Very nice.
Last year I was on the holiday. Only one kite SeaDevil std. with me. I feel very nice not to care a ton of kites. Spend very nice air time
Yes I know it is hard to do that just wont to say that love to the sport can made a lot of stuff complicate and to forgot to enjoy in one kite and to go on the field pretty easy.
Do You have one kite with pocket full of dreams and tricks and in the same time to be very greatfull and enjoyable. Mine is SDstd.

Smooth Winds
boris
PS
Try sometimes and take only one magic kite on the field. Go and take best from it.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 08:46 AM by vigli » Logged
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 11:37 AM »

Currently my Solus set.  I never go out without a std, ul and sul or glider kite in the bag.
Wayner
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 10:35 PM »

If Las Vegas had predictable winds I could take one kite Cheesy Cheesy

I do on occasion take one kite and leave the kite bag at home. Sadly about 50% of time the wind forcast is way off and i'm not flying that day  Angry    Cry
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 08:58 AM by Wayner » Logged
vigli
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 02:27 AM »

Murphy's low.

Yes I know .... to need something which is not with You....
You have to be very sure about picking only one or few kites and to be ready for wind condition.
Very offen sea wind can be pretty predictable...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 02:29 AM by vigli » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum