GWTW Forum
July 30, 2014, 04:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beginner FAQ  (Read 1428 times)
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 05:21 AM »

what came in mind recently.....

what is the definition of a beginner/newbie??!!

some just want to fly straight lines and corners etc....
some are more eager and want to become really good....

all starters have to begin somewere....

while typing this...i forgot actually what is my point here Cheesy

i think it's up to the beginner asking themselves....what he or she want to achieve....

if your goal to be good and better ( eager/competitive attitude ) and starting into competition level flying, even if your level is not even close to other competitors
start with good basic material and longer ( than average ) lines, for upscaling your skill level in less time, than playing on your local field learning yourself.... fly with others, ask them all you want to know and driving fellow kiters '' crazy ''  Cheesy

if your goal is, flying kites will be fun and a nice free time hobby and you are less competitive orientated personality....choice is still '' free '' what material suits with your preference/ finance etc....
i would suggest pick a decent allround kite ( not too small ) and pick some shorter lines, it benefits your achieved '' fun-factor ''

this is just a point of view, not a judgement of right or wrong....
maybe you can resume all this, by asking as a newbie into kiting yourself 2 things: what kind of beginner am i and what will be my goal to achieve??
Good points Martijn.  I think that is kind of covered under the when should i upgrade section.  The beginer this should stay gear toward though is the new flyer that may have tried a few flights and is looking to get their first kite or the flyer that has a cheapie (el crappo)and would like to step in to a good starting kite but is still learning to get off the ground.  THe more new fliers that get started with good equipment the more that will get hooked Smiley  I've taken quite a few that have crap kites that made them frustrated and ready to give up, handed them one of my kites and created a new addictee.
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2012, 06:01 AM »

"The beginer this should stay gear toward though is the new flyer that may have tried a few flights"

What is this suppose to mean ?  Huh

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 06:36 AM »

"The beginer this should stay gear toward though is the new flyer that may have tried a few flights"

What is this suppose to mean ?  Huh

Denny
the guy that walks up to you and says "hey thats cool I've never seen that (kind of kite) before can i try it" and walks away wanting one if his own. A few days or so later goes looking for one but forgot your advice.  Thats the new flyer I've been seeing post lately in a few forums and what this post is geared toward and should stay that way.  Keep it general for a good starting point and In depth opinions (line length specific kite info etc )they can as for in another post.

If there's anything you have been or have seen asked that I missed, additions to what I posted or have other kites for the list I started please feel free to add them.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document