GWTW Forum
July 31, 2014, 04:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: kite life time & Prism delux bag for collapse kites  (Read 2410 times)
jeepersjoey
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2012, 04:45 AM »

I am actually flying to Miami this weekend and bringing three REV in the Prism Zephyr case.

I carry it on with me since my $1200 worth of REVs are NOT going under 14 bags in the belly.

Like they said...there will be a bag.  Skip the speed bag and go right to the Prism full size.

Paul

"May you live until you die, no more, no less" - Eddie Izzard

"I'm not this way because I'm an Engineer.  I am an Engineer because I'm this way."
vigli
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2012, 11:49 AM »

""Like they said...there will be a bag.  Skip the speed bag and go right to the Prism full size.""
Huh hmmmmmm
 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
"Speed bag" and "Prism full size" is for collapsed kite or un-collapsed kite- from text above?
thx
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 11:51 AM by vigli » Logged
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2012, 01:12 PM »

""Like they said...there will be a bag.  Skip the speed bag and go right to the Prism full size.""
Huh hmmmmmm
 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
"Speed bag" and "Prism full size" is for collapsed kite or un-collapsed kite- from text above?
thx
both of these bags can be folded down to half size...
the full size bag can handle about 10 kites in sleeves and then as many kites tossed into the center as you wish..
The speed bag is good for about 4 kites in sleeves and then a few more tossed in....

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
dayhiker
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2013, 07:19 PM »

My first bag is a very plain M.L.D. Associates which is 52" long & 8" in diameter.  It holds plenty of kites but is not fancy, no pockets or other features.  Tried to read most everything on kite bags before I bought more.  When I received a couple bags today I was surprised by some of the features.  The Prism Speed Bag has a two piece rod in one edge to help keep the bag from bending.  I guess you would call it a spine.  Had not read any mention of that feature.  It appears that the Nexus stack bag I bought allows you to break your kites down, put them in internal pockets & roll the bag up.  Could not tell that from pictures & this feature will be handy if travelling in a smaller vehicle.  My intention is to normally store the stack in the Nexus bag assembled.  It appears there is enough room for additional stacks this bag.  The Trlby stack will fit if I leave the zipper open for a few inches in one spot.  I suspect I will eventually need another bag just for Revs & will buy one of Revolution's.  I will also get a big roll up bag if I can look at an example first.  Day packs, remember my name is "Dayhiker", work well for smaller power kites.  Fanny packs are good for line sets & other items.  My best one is by Marmot but being a newbie I had to get a Prism one to match the speed bag.

"Well him & my uncle tore that engine down
 I still remember that rumblin' sound"   Steve Earle

AKA member
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2013, 04:24 AM »

Dayhiker check into the deals in outdoor shops right for back country packs......they will have ski sleeves or straps to carry your skis carefully while hiking......they work VERY well to carry kites on bike or foot....

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
cerfvoliste
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2013, 09:50 AM »

I fly my kites hard, several days a week. I have worn out a sail in about 5 years. Sun, Beach Sand, and Wraped Up Lines will wear out a kite. (That's why I have several more in the bag)
CV

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document