GWTW Forum
September 01, 2014, 05:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help choosing SUL  (Read 2640 times)
jecko
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2012, 12:51 AM »

How about iTrix ? Or double zero from L'atelier?
PUZZLE
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2012, 06:42 AM »

I agree, Tim is the best. Easy to deal with and beautiful kites  cheers
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 10:21 AM by PUZZLE » Logged

martijn
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2012, 10:14 AM »

How about iTrix ? Or double zero from L'atelier?

those are more tricky indoorkites...i have flown itrix, very trick capable for indoor use...
feels bigger on the lines you might thought...good feedback and pressure, it can comete indoor!!!....not by me though....
vigli

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2012, 04:50 PM »

Niknak looks interesting...
Ken Bour

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2012, 03:49 PM »

All righty, my Inner Space has been ordered.  Grin
White sail with purple "b".
[SNIP]
This new Benson Inner Space should be fun in real light wind and be more trickable. I can't wait.  Wink
I hope that, when you get an opportunity, you will share your impressions about flying the InnerSpace. I have been considering adding a ProDancer after watching Devin's videos. It sounds like Benson's InnerSpace has similar characteristics.

Ken

Kites: SkyBurner WidowMaker-STD, SkyBurner ProDancer-SUL, Skynasaur Trooper
harveystubbs
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2012, 04:22 PM »

The DS ul practically flies in SUL winds too
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2012, 09:07 PM »

If you want tricks I'd go for an Ocius SUL, and if you want some tricks for rotation (backspins, Taz, 540s, etc) grab a Prodancer (but give it time, it'll take a bit to get that stuff out of the kite) SUL and enjoy. I haven't flown the Innerspace but have heard great things. I've owned the Itrix and didn't get along with it well at all. In order based on my experience, from what you've listed, and from what I've heard I'd go with...

Ocius SUL
PDSUL
Innerspace

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2012, 11:04 PM »

This new Benson Inner Space should be fun in real light wind and be more trickable.

Errr.....  Shocked

The Inner Space was never intended to be flown as anything other than an indoor kite or, at a pinch, outdoors in an indoor stylee. If you've bought this excellent kite thinking that you'll be Backspinning, Yoyoing and Comète-ing it just like your Standard kite.... you may be in for a disappointment.

Unless you intend to stick to very short lines you might wish to heed the words of ABW himself.

The Inner Space is a lovely kite but it won't be hassled into quite a lot of tricks. It's attraction is the way it does things, not the immense range. If you had wanted a minimal wind version of a more traditional kite then the TNT Zero or Cosmic TC Ghost might have been more appropriate.

Of course, if you just want something that will fly in slightly more than a vacuum then the IS is perfect.

Mike.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 02:08 AM by zippy8 » Logged

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
Desertflier
Trade Count: (+26)

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2012, 01:44 PM »

Thanks to all for your input.  Wink
I chose to get an Inner Space because I wanted to have a kite that I could fly when there is no wind with little foot work. I don't mind if it is limited on tricks.
I'd also like to try indoor flying with it. 

All gave some, some gave all- U.S. Army Vet
Adamld13
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2012, 09:06 PM »

This is just my opinion but...

I have both the 4D and Ocius SUL and have found that the 4D takes more footwork.
The ocius is prob heavier but the ocius has a great Lift/weight ratio.. from what i have seen.

The ocius is def more trick capable and is not nearly as squirrley.
Since i bought my Ocius my 4D has been collecting dust.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document