GWTW Forum
August 22, 2014, 04:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 20+ mph winds in traverse city  (Read 1257 times)
rwbford
Trade Count: (0)

« on: June 01, 2012, 09:30 PM »

don't think ill ever get rid of my good ol quantum! wouldn't have dared take out anything else today. was kinda starting to rain but I got a hotel that I can walk right out on to the beach so I grabbed up the opportunity to fly my old buddy. truly a tank to take some of those gusts and not explode! Haha. got a good hour in before I had to pack it up cus it was getting too nasty out. thank god for the beach shower cus that kite was one nasty sandy mess at the end. don't think I could ever treat another kite like that, but im pretty sure the quantum likes it... haha

anyone else got favorite "probably shouldn't be flying out in this" kite?
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 10:18 PM »

We'll pull the Quantum out in almost anything too. But these days I tend to reach for the Premier Wolf more often, it can handle the abuse too and it's a bit more adept at tricks at the edges and near the ground. I've also gotten my Skyburner Freestylist out in some pretty heavy winds, but you have to keep it low or off wind since it experiences sever wingtip shudder when flying through the power zone, but it plays low and off wind great too.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 10:51 PM »

RIght now its my Nuclear Reactor.  It doesn't really trick but is a hoot to fly in 20+.
rwbford

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 11:44 PM »

wow just watched this wolf vid
High winds and the Wolf

just might pick one up n save the quantum for rainy abuse days. would been nice to pull a couple tricks while zipping around. my widow gets a bit too much shudder in the top of its range for me to trust it. don't like to put it over 15
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 12:34 AM by rwbford » Logged
Ca Ike

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 12:38 AM »

No thats not Mike in the vid. He's in Chico not Chicago Tongue  IF you can find one one of my other favorite high wind kits is the Prism Alien.  ITs fast but you can snap stall and axel it in 25-30 in the middle of the window.  I should have kept the one I had instead of selling it along with the rest of the collection.

alien
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 12:43 AM by Ca Ike » Logged
tonycarl60
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 01:08 AM »

I'll stick with my pair of Microns for high wind Smiley
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jQPz-y1HwIY
rwbford

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 01:10 AM »

yeah... noticed that after I posted that, hoped I had edited it before anyone noticed... Roll Eyes Haha. yeah the alien looks pretty sweet but something tells me its not likely ill ever get to fly one Sad
rwbford

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 01:14 AM »

gotta say I do love my micron! was having so much fun leaning back n holding on I totally forgot to take it out. blew it...
Ca Ike

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2012, 01:21 AM »

yeah... noticed that after I posted that, hoped I had edited it before anyone noticed... Roll Eyes Haha. yeah the alien looks pretty sweet but something tells me its not likely ill ever get to fly one Sad
THey come up for sale from time to time and if you hunt around you might find a shop that has a few laying around.
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2012, 08:03 AM »

Alien, psycho, micron and jet steam speed. I have them all out in high wind. I like putting my hands in my pockets and flying the microns with just my thumbs!

Sine Metu!
lylenc
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 01:31 PM »

+1 on the vented Rev2. Relatively smooth flying, moderate pull at 30+ mph, and removes the "warp" from the speed.

Craig     Walla Walla, WA     Just One More!
Smeagol
Trade Count: (+79)

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 03:36 PM »

In ballistic winds I normally pull out one of the speed kites (Tiger II, X-Cellerator), Microns, or one of the Flexifoil Hotshots. Grin
cerfvoliste
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 04:00 PM »

in really high winds, I pull out the Martini Shaker...
CV

madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 04:07 PM »

In ballistic winds I normally pull out one of the speed kites (Tiger II, X-Cellerator), Microns, or one of the Flexifoil Hotshots. Grin

I expect to see you flying by my house one of these days. I just hope I've got a camera in hand.... and the wherewithal to shoot.

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document