GWTW Forum
December 19, 2014, 01:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: prismatex ?  (Read 542 times)
bplant
Trade Count: (+4)

« on: October 29, 2014, 04:59 PM »

prismatex,  Is there any out there?
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+20)

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 05:21 PM »

When Jon Trennephol brought a new Skyburner with Prismatex panels to Kite Party this year I jokingly asked him if someone found an old roll of the material in a closet. He said, "exactly". :-)

Allen, AKA kitehead
dayhiker
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 06:02 PM »

Flew Rob's Dreamweaver Saber this past Sunday afternoon.  The prismatex fabric was glowing like a fiery opal in the bright sky.  Why is this material rare?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 06:07 PM by dayhiker » Logged

"Well him & my uncle tore that engine down
 I still remember that rumblin' sound"   Steve Earle - Copperhead Road
sews a lot
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 03:04 PM »

Prizmatex was invented and developed by Stan Swanson who had it manufactured.  Stan is a master of materials and production.
It has not been made for maybe 15 years. 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 03:34 PM by sews a lot » Logged
dayhiker
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 05:26 PM »

Prizmatex was invented and developed by Stan Swanson who had it manufactured.  Stan is a master of materials and production.
It has not been made for maybe 15 years. 
Thanks for the information.  I have wondered about the spelling.  I know kites have fashion & trends like any other hobby.  For many years I pursued other hobbies & missed many of the developments of kite evolution in materials & styles.  When I first saw the prizmatex it really appealed to me but I read where others did not care for it.  I guess I was stating my surprise that it did not succeed in the marketplace.  Too flashy for some I suppose.  But as I grow older I like shiny/flashy more & more.  SHBKF

"Well him & my uncle tore that engine down
 I still remember that rumblin' sound"   Steve Earle - Copperhead Road
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 06:10 PM »

It's only flashy if you look at it for a bit. A casual glance, Prismatex looks like Mylar. I can't say how cool Prismatex looks in the air, backlit by the sun. I may have let a few of the Prismatex kites go, but they're in good hands. And yes, I still have a couple to fly when I need a lift...

ae
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 01:30 PM »

Oh cool, i still have like 10 feet of the light one without fibers in it, just the mylar with the glitter.
I really should build the kite i wanted to build form it on of these days.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum