GWTW Forum
October 22, 2014, 05:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: rev supersonic question  (Read 1422 times)
ray3619
Trade Count: (+8)

« on: June 10, 2012, 02:05 PM »

hi everyone , i have a supersonic rev for sale and a first time rev flyer is interested , ive never flown a supersonic and were thinking the supersonic might not be a good choose to learn on , and dont want to sell a kite to someone and have them not be happy , help me out with your opinions please , thanks ray

Avatar is a Force 10 with 150 foot tail.
Always looking for TOTL stuff
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 06:34 PM »

ITs not that bad to learn on, my first rev flight was on one. IT may be fast but its still a rev and flies like a rev.
ray3619

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 06:45 PM »

thank you , i just didnt want to miss  lead someone ,ray

Texanpilot
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 07:45 PM »

Just note, because of the SS's speed and "twitchiness" the learning curve will be quite a bit steeper than with a 1.5.

Steady winds, y'all.
Jynx
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 08:10 PM »

Just note, because of the SS's speed and "twitchiness" the learning curve will be quite a bit steeper than with a 1.5.

I agree! Though a Rev, I would highly suggest a 1.5 or EXP as an easier 'first to learn' kite!

"Excuse me while I kiss the sky."
Jimi Hendrix
B-13
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 08:21 PM »

I started on the supersonic myself and one month later i got myself a 1.5sle with both leading edge.
It was way easier to learn on the 1.5sle due to the slow movement of the kite and the responsiveness was less than on the SS.
The SS is a speed kite and first time flyer will find it frustrating. Also it needs a good +10mph to fly and hover right (for a beginner) and although dive-stops are more impressive on the SS it is a lethal for the kite in the hands of new flyers.
My GF broke my LE on the SS while learning on it thinking that if she could handle the SS it will be easier for her with the 1.5 series. ERROR from me!!
Now i have several REVs and the SS get out only when winds are right for it and when i want more fun than control.
Following Jynx post, a 1.5sle or the EXP will keep him in the quad sport rather than the SS.

B

Proud Member of Kitelife.com #943 Smiley
ray3619

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 08:23 PM »

thanks guys , ray
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 04:28 PM by ray3619 » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change