GWTW Forum
July 29, 2014, 12:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Genki HELP!  (Read 7817 times)
boomertype
Trade Count: (+26)

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 12:41 PM »

It still looks just as scary in the pictures as it does on my livingroom floor, I had to turn it over so I coundn't see the bridle anymore!
Did you look at the link I sent?
It should help.
If you're still scared I'll send you my address and you can mail it to me. I do want you to live in fear.  Wink
mikeb
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2012, 01:14 PM »

It still looks just as scary in the pictures as it does on my livingroom floor, I had to turn it over so I coundn't see the bridle anymore!
Did you look at the link I sent?
It should help.
If you're still scared I'll send you my address and you can mail it to me. I do want you to live in fear.  Wink
Yes I did look at those instructions, I'm not sure what they mean about tie tow loop to any bungee, but thief did mention using a pigtail on the tow loop which makes more sense when it comes to tying. If I have some old shipping boxes laying artound I just might have your address.
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2012, 02:30 PM »

Genkis are super nice kites....they love light winds...and they are GREAT platforms for designs......
get your artist cap on and get sewing up your own design!

lol.... after my participation in That Other Thread. Well, this is exactly right-- open source offered by the designer. Awesome-- thanks for the link!

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2012, 03:19 PM »

a video of a daisy chain is here:
No Tangle Rope Storage

Sine Metu!
Tmadz
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2012, 04:02 PM »

Thanks for the video. I always wanted to know how to do the daisy chain.
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2012, 06:18 PM »

Thanks for the video. I always wanted to know how to do the daisy chain.

Might practice it on a bit of line, yarn, rope, or an electric extension cord before tackling a multi line bridle. I've mentioned it before but find someplace on the kite you can larkshead that pigtail to. A tail attachment loop is ideal. As long as there are no loose line ends to work around and tie knots while stored and transported you will never have a tangled bridle when you want to fly it.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 06:21 PM by mikenchico » Logged

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
mikeb

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2012, 06:44 PM »

a video of a daisy chain is here:
No Tangle Rope Storage
I can't look at that video! The picture scares me! If you go out in the wood tonight! I'm 61 years old, if I lived that long without a daisy chain, I guess I can live another 61 years without out it! Out of what I have in the picture I don't know what the right string/place to grab and pull, my track record isn't too good as to which wire to cut! KABOOM!
like my first dual line and my first quad line. spaghetti in honey! uncle!uncle!
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 06:49 PM »

Kinda like a larkshead or putting the loop on the end of a lineset or half axles; i find it easier to understand in person and then i can do it without thinking Cheesy

Sine Metu!
mikeb

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2012, 06:56 PM »

Kinda like a larkshead or putting the loop on the end of a lineset or half axles; i find it easier to understand in person and then i can do it without thinking Cheesy
Yes like that but with one exception! That whole bridle is a daisy chain right now, and I'd be the first to turn it into a knot!
boomertype

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2012, 07:02 PM »

If you need to sleep, box it up and PM for my addy.  Cool
Wayner
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2012, 11:17 PM »

I'm 61 years old, if I lived that long without a daisy chain, I guess I can live another 61 years without out it!

Ah Mike, its time for the old dog to learn new tricks. The Dasiy Chain works like a dream. What scares me is having to untangle a bridle every time I want to fly.  Cry

I'm 53 and proof an old dog can learn something new.
mikeb

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2012, 09:08 AM »

Here's an update, I just undid the daisy chain! Now I'll take it out for a test ride. Luckily I can just bring it back in and place it on the floor until I learn Daisy Chaining, but tying the pigtail seems to work ok for me.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 10:46 AM by mikeb » Logged
mikeb

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2012, 10:48 AM »

Trying to launch it, it would go from side to side then crash, I added a few small tails and it would go up and sway around up there then come down to the ground, any ideas?
thief
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2012, 11:06 AM »

first thought is wind....how much was there? were you backed up against anything that would create a wind "shadow" where when the kite got above the shadow it might be in a LOT more wind?

Where are you located?

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
boomertype

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2012, 11:19 AM »

There is a SLK phenomen called the pendulum effect. The shorter the line you have out the more the kite sways side to side. The bigger the kite the bigger the swing/sway.
Let more line out or longline launch it.

How much line did you have out?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document