GWTW Forum
April 17, 2014, 10:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My beach vacation... So far  (Read 2018 times)
dihongshao2000
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 11:38 PM »

This red BP UL is just beautiful...You ordered BP Standard as well I would assume.  Enjoy your vacation  Smiley
tpatter
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2012, 12:31 AM »

Gorgeous pictures - thanks for sharing them and keep it coming!  Smiley

The BP is super sharp in orange.

6 kite tom
davidsons
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2012, 05:35 AM »

Wow!  It's the Dauphin Island Kite Festival sponsored by Kirby Pople.

Nice shots!
kepople
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2012, 06:24 AM »

Thanks for the compliments guys..

The BP orange is a lot coolerr in person than I thought it would be. My BP std is "No Colour"  as they call it. Unfortunately it's cooler in the photos than in person :-( should have bought the blue from Jurgen, but I am sure it will grow on me.

No kiting this morning as we are going out for a day trip. But tomorrow looks to be good flying wind and will hit it early as I can....

Kirby
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2012, 08:20 AM »

These photos need to go to John for the Contest.. I vote YES !

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
kepople

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2012, 09:00 PM »

Thanks joe...

Well, unfortunately we are cutting it short a day due to a developing tropical storm near by.  The surf today was suspiciously rough, but it was fun. Wind was way down, so I only got a few minutes of flying again...
Flew the Deep Space UL, and the Kymera. Assembled the silver fox, but it did not catch air...

Deep Space in the surf. This one actually took a swim today.

Silver fox 2.3 STD

This afternoon the Kymera got a few minutes of fighting a lack of wind...

Alas, I must say good bye to the beach tomorrow morning, but I will say hello to the home base and puppy dog a day earlier...

Thanks for watching... Some non beach photos will be linked later...

Kirby

jaydub

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2012, 10:46 PM »

Some stunning shots of some of my favourite kites there.  Which is your favourite?
Adamld13

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2012, 11:51 PM »

Seriously these pics are amazing!

The fox is my new wallpaper! Smiley
Would you be willing to email me them higher quality? Smiley

tpatter
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2012, 11:57 PM »

@Adam, no kidding!  Smiley

I suddenly feel the urge to buy a DS UL - that kite is so sweet looking on the beach.

6 kite tom
davidsons

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2012, 03:56 AM »

Kirby

Thanks for sharing photos while on vacation.  I know that takes from some of your family time but sure is cool for us. 

And sorry your vacation is coming to a close but glad to have you back in town.

Steve
Tmadz
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2012, 05:37 AM »

Great photos. Great collection of kites. Talon is my favorite with the colors against the sand and sky. Sorry you're vacation is getting cut short. I didn't know Alabama had any beaches with such white sand.
justinpwheeler

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2012, 07:33 PM »

@Tmadz:  Gulf Shores, AL through Panama City, FL has some of the sweetest, softest, white sand beaches in the world!  I will snap a photo of my home flying field in Navarre Beach next time I go out there for you.

Plus, the water is Emerald Green when it's smooth and sunny so you can clearly see the sea life be it jellyfish, actual fish, sharks, rays and dolphins.  It's a nice place to live.
Fearless Object

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2012, 07:49 PM »

I love the white clean sand. To do the two point landing and tips stand would be awesome.

Thanks my friend
kepople

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2012, 08:46 PM »

Jay dub:
Of the week, I enjoyed flying the Seven ul the most followed by the a black Pearl UL. I wish I had more opportunity to fly while I was there...

Justin, we also made the ferry ride, and drive to perdido key via the floribama bar so we were even closer.

We made the 11 hour drive in one shot and are home now.
I reassembled all the kites I flew to try to clean the sand off and check for issues.

One issue I have is that I can't get the verticals out of the lower connectors on the REV full vent.
 Any ideas how to get them out?
Sand got in the connector and is acting like a fish hook.

I would like to thank all for The positive comments on the photos. It was fun to make it part of my morning routine to shoot during the "golden" light part of the day. All photos were shot with iPhone 4 and post processed on it using the tiffen photo FX app.
Next time maybe I will be good enough to warrant shooting video.

Next year vacation will be key west or Colorado...cast your vote :-)
Kirby
Tmadz

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2012, 05:42 AM »

All the photos were terrific. I am impressed at the quality of the iPhone photos. Great collection fo kites again. I'm jealous of living down there, except for the tropical storms. They suck.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography