GWTW Forum
December 22, 2014, 04:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Withdrawn  (Read 2381 times)
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+20)

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2012, 10:54 AM »

Maybe it's just me, but I've felt the need to tinker with the bridle on just about every HQ kite that I've ever owned.

Come to think about it, probably all but the classic Tramontanas. I haven't had a "new" HQ kite in years. It will be interesting to see how I react to this "oversteer". I have a number of kites which fly very smoothly and precisely for me, but many people have commented on their oversteer. Have to wait for the windy season to taper off...

Allen, AKA kitehead
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2012, 06:43 PM »

It's been a while since I've owned an HQ Shadow, but it seems to me that the stock bridle had very limited adjustability.

Maybe it's just me, but I've felt the need to tinker with the bridle on just about every HQ kite that I've ever owned.
Got a mod for a breeze bridle?

Sine Metu!
Sketch
Trade Count: (0)

QPQ
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2012, 09:16 PM »

It's been a while since I've owned an HQ Shadow, but it seems to me that the stock bridle had very limited adjustability.

Got a mod for a breeze bridle?
The only modified changes for my Breeze was to add a slightly longer outter standoffs in order to outwash the wing tip trailing edges (which for some reason...seemed to increase the turn rate and better backspins..also added two small brass washers to the end of the spine to move the CG back a tad?
Also added a couple of those great little clip on plastic yo-yo stoppers...also to give a little extra turn boost?
Still doesn't begin to give as much fun n game...that my beloved Shadow which was one of the first 5 to be sent to the US for our Kathy Goodwind here in Seattle.
This old first production to the States Shadow has a very different bridle than the new one that I flew last winter at Cannon Beach. I too made some a little extra weight over the first spine weight, which also seemed to give a little better performance...(HOWEVER...THIS EXTRA WEIGHT MOVED THE CG BACK...WHICH SEEMED TO INDUCE A LITTLE EXTRA OVERSTEER.
Not a problem if you can use push turn inputs instead of pull?....Seems like any BEAUTIFUL BRAND NEW KITE...NEVER SEEMS TO FLY JUST RIGHT...until after they have picked up lots of air time and a little extra beach rash n trashin' time.

MY MOST PICKY PICKY IMPORTANT TWEAT ON ALL MY KITES....IS THAT I ALWAY BALANCE EACH AND EVERY SPORT KITE IN MY BAG TO INSURE THAT BOTH WING PANELS ARE EQUAL IN MASS...
IF ONE WING IS EVEN SLIGHTLY HEAVIER ON ONE SIDE OR THE  OTHER...OR THE BRIDLES OR FLYING ARE NOT EQUALLY ADJUSTED OR PRESTRETCHED.
BOTTOM LINE:
EVEN THE MOST BEAUTIFULLY MADE KITE IN THE WORLD WILL FLY LIKE CRAP...IF ANY OF THESE ITEMS ARE OVERLOOKED.

A few years ago...A young man walked up to me and my young son Ryan...with a brand new PrismQ QPro  and wanted to trade it straight across for my son's old  SUPER CHEETA made by Darlene and Fred Fredricks.  Huh Cheesy

We both laughed...Walked over to where he was flying....Right away we noticed that not only was one flying line about a foot longer than the other...also one bridle line was wrapped around the top spreader.
We re-adjusted both the bridle and the lines.

(Humm? TRUTH BE KNOWN... $$$ WAS NEVER THE ISSUE HERE?
MY SON RYAN LOVED THAT FAST FLYIN OLD NOISEY SUPER CHEETA in those DAZE DAYS...i know for a fact that Ryan would NEVER TRADE THAT LOVEABLE OLD KITE...EVEN FOR A BRAND NEW PRISM Q Pro.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 09:20 PM by Sketch » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum