GWTW Forum
December 19, 2014, 04:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: video find-very fast JL trick again again and again....  (Read 1780 times)
vigli
Trade Count: (0)

« on: June 21, 2012, 02:03 AM »

Huh Huh Huh
 Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Brian Seene flies his sea devil stuntkite

extra good control during tricking...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 02:05 AM by vigli » Logged
Ken Bour

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 07:14 AM »

FWIW, I especially enjoy the videos taken from behind the pilot so that, in addition to the kite aerobatics, I can see the inputs making it all happen!

Please, kite makers and videographers, produce more like this one! For those of you who have experience filming video, is it possible to plant the camera on the ground behind the pilot (from a prone position?) and shoot upward? With the proper wide-angle lens, that is a perspective that sounds ideal for a newbie learner like me.

Ken

Kites: SkyBurner WidowMaker-STD, SkyBurner ProDancer-SUL, Skynasaur Trooper
ghfisanotti

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 06:21 AM »

Please, kite makers and videographers, produce more like this one! For those of you who have experience filming video, is it possible to plant the camera on the ground behind the pilot (from a prone position?) and shoot upward? With the proper wide-angle lens, that is a perspective that sounds ideal for a newbie learner like me.

I agree with you, I like the videos shot with a static camera from behind the pilot and a wide angle lens, it helps learning from other pilots and it also helps watching yourself, to discover your own mistakes and wrong moves.
This is one of my videos, filmed from that perspective, you may find it interesting:

Sturdy Designs' Saber II - 12-may-2012
PeteW

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2012, 01:54 AM »

ghfisanotti, very nice video. Liked fade to 540 move  Cool
This morning I spent 1 hour doing only this... stunning!!!!
Even managed to make it as exit of Jacob's Ladder Grin
GREAT FUN

Thanks for sharing
Ken Bour

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 06:15 AM »

I agree with you, I like the videos shot with a static camera from behind the pilot and a wide angle lens, it helps learning from other pilots and it also helps watching yourself, to discover your own mistakes and wrong moves.
This is one of my videos, filmed from that perspective, you may find it interesting:
 Sturdy Designs' Saber II - 12-may-2012

Yes, very enjoyable to watch both kite and maestro! Thanks!

Thanks for posting, Ken

Kites: SkyBurner WidowMaker-STD, SkyBurner ProDancer-SUL, Skynasaur Trooper
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 07:00 AM »

I've learned a lot watching Gerardo's videos. He catches the inputs & the kite's results perfectly, and does everything slow & smooth so it makes sense. It is really helpful for anyone who flies alone to see an experienced pilot from this perspective. Actually, any other perspective is useless to me, I can't really tell what's going on, and usually makes me dizzy to watch.

This is my last time out with the camera, trying to get some VF footage. You can see some of my flying inputs in the beginning...

Looking for some VF footage...

vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 07:24 AM »

As usual Great Flying.  I am going to study that clip and work on the moves.  I do know that after watching your videos.  I get better.

<---- kneeling and thanking !!!  Roll Eyes

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
vigli

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 10:25 AM »

RobB
Seven is UL or STD on video ? thx
Very nice .....
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 10:27 AM by vigli » Logged
stucm89

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 12:06 PM »

I filmed that video over seven years ago in Beech Mountain, NC. at the Labor Day kite festival there. I beleive it is the first one I did with my then new  camera. I agree with Ken, the best videos are filmed from the fliers perspective, and it's even better if you can get the hand movements in there to study them. Holding a camera and trying to follow a moving stuntkite is not easy. Then you have to edit down all your footage after that. Both of us are better fliers now, the video I made of me and him flying the Organic kite that I made is more up to date. Just watch Organic kite Video on my youtube channel. I really just made that video for fun, but decided to post it anyway when I created my youtube channel. Glad you liked it,
Stu
www.wackos.org
www.youtube.com/stucm89
RobB

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2012, 02:14 PM »

RobB
Seven is UL or STD on video ? thx
Very nice .....

It's the Seven std. There was no UL or SUL when I got it. I've been trying to decide on which to get next, I'm leaning towards the SUL. The winds in the video were around 5mph, flown on 25m lines. My favorite trick kite in smooth winds...

vigli

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2012, 04:09 PM »

RobB. Can You compare Seven std. with some other kites in performance? Thx
jaydub

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 02:02 AM »

The Seven is mots closely related to the Deep Space and the Talon.

The Seven is the biggest kite of the three and arguably the most well rounded.  I own a DS and a Talon and when I picked up the lines of the Seven, I could do all my small trick repertoire without much adjustment. Being bigger, it's a bit slower than the other two so gives you a bit more time to react.  It's much more fade stable than the DS and it's pitchiness is probably mid way between the DS and Talon.  It does sit deeper in a turtle than the other two (but nothing like as deep as something like a Fearless!)

Just so you are aware, despite it's size the Seven's not a precision kite so don't expect to be cutting very square corners.

There is an updated version of the Seven, the 7.5, currently in development, so may be worth waiting if you are seriously thinking about getting one.
RobB

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2012, 07:01 AM »

Compare the Seven with other kites ? Well, of the kites that I've flown (never flew either a DS or a Talon) I was going to say it's a cross between a Gemini and a Fearless. It's Turtle-happy like a Fearless, but doesn't get stuck on its back like a FL. It flies round turns like a Gem, but doesn't spin as fast. It also like to keep moving like a Gem, one trick to the next. I'll say this.... since getting the Seven, I haven't flown my Fearless or Gemini, and haven't missed them. They were my favorite trick kites previously.
The only shortcoming that I found of the Seven is it's bumpy wind performance. I won't even bother taking it out of the bag if I'm flying inland, which is most of the summer.

vigli

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 11:12 AM »

found one more video with pilot hand work
Sea Devil
Fearless Object
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2012, 12:01 PM »

Here is a very nice video flying SD by Luca from Italy. Enjoy !

Sea Devil in action

Good day!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum