GWTW Forum
October 01, 2014, 01:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting airborne  (Read 2416 times)
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2012, 02:38 PM »

Here is some airborne. Huh

kite boarding gone wrong

Fake.... it's from a Sprite Zero ad, but I guess that qualifies as reality in some corners of the iterwebz  Cheesy

Funny Sprite Zero Kite Surfer Ad

ATB,
Sam
red sweater
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 02:55 PM »

Either because of costs or impatience, lots of people can't be convinced that then need more than one kite for different wind conditions (think UL, STD, Vented for dual line kites) or to accomodate a learning curve.  So they go out buying something too large, fly overpowered and hurt themselves.  Or due to cost considerations, they get a kite that is too small and doesn't generate power until you take it out in nukin' winds.  Small kite + nukin winds = ballistic speeds that make it more difficult to control where the kite is in the wind window and how much power it is creating.

You mean I won't be catching some sweet, sweet air on my latest purchase?

Cheesy

My bag:
HQ Breeze, Silver Fox 2.3 Pro UL, Nirvana Std, Prism Quantum
ITW Mesa DC, Premier Popper Line Climber
Rev EXP
Tmadz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 06:00 PM »

Thanks for the info Sam. I just agreed to buy a sweet setup from Kent at A Wind of Change. I can't wait to get it out and start learning to fly smart. I'm gonna forgo the board for a while to get used to the kite first. I already have a Snapshot so I have some idea of what foils are capable of. I gotta get a helmet and pads now.
wellemberg
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2012, 01:31 PM »

What setup is that Tmadz?
Tmadz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2012, 05:55 PM »

Kent had gotten in a used set with an Ozone Pure 4m kite and Akoni Kama Pro carbon fiber board with titanium spring trucks.

Call Kent at A Wind of Change or check out kitebookie.com on the right side of the screen here. I see several kites for sale. I suggest talking to Kent first to find out what is the best setup for you.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document