GWTW Forum
August 29, 2014, 07:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Helping on choice of UL/Sul  (Read 1067 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: June 22, 2012, 08:49 PM »

This should really mess everything up ...   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Ocius Sul

Sul.wmv

Pro Dancer ....

sade.wmv
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 09:08 PM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Lee S
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 09:05 AM »

Confidence is flying in almost no wind over water Huh Smiley  Good on ya!

Almost got that bird with the Prodancer at 1:30  Cheesy
Ken Bour
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 03:02 PM »

Hey, Joe. How often do you pull out your Solus-UL? How would you compare it to your other Skyburner kites? 

I currently own a WM-STD and the PD-SUL. Lately, it seems like I haven't been able to take the WM out of the bag due to such light summer winds. The only one that gets any action is the PD-SUL.

I have been thinking about adding a Solus-UL and a Ocius-SUL. What do you think about those choices? I am a bit concerned 'cause, recently, I have seen a few members selling their Solus-ULs in the Swap Meet.

Thanks, Ken

Kites: SkyBurner WidowMaker-STD, SkyBurner ProDancer-SUL, Skynasaur Trooper
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 11:28 AM »

I have two bags .. One carries Two WM std. two WM UL Two Ocius Sul one Pro Dancer one Inak..... Bag #2,, One Solus std. One Solus Ul and a Vision and Zoomer.

I have taken her out but one bag fits better in carrier...I flew her last week.  I'll take her out tonight for a few nice spins.
In the Swap meet everyone sells everything over and over again.  If you can get a good price on a Ul buy it.. However..It Is Not A Widow Maker made bigger.  The kite will surprise you.. I did tricks I never knew I could do.  "Louis".  I could not believe it when I rolled it up last year.  I never thought much of YoYo stoppers ..never thought I'd get that good.  The kite forgives but it fly's different. Than and as do other kites....
If you can pick up a Solus Ul cheap..buy it.. Fly it and then re-sell it and chose your own colors.  Everyone buys and sells.  (advise use Pay pal ..I am still out $24.51 from a guy who has skipped the site after showing his true colors).

In my young flying years... each kite fly's some what different.  I find Sky Burner Kite gives me that edge ... Maybe a $500 TNT gives someone else that edge.  Or a $300 Talon or $150 Silver Fox.......

One kite will do something another won't for us beginner's.  Better flyer's can do it with almost any kite... So when learning if it works keep up till you feel confidence then switch to another kite.  I could not roll up a WM only the Solus..but now I can do both..

In a video I posted I flew over water one day with little to no wind.  Someone posted that it took confidence fly over the water with no wind.
THAT WAS WRONG >> NOT CONFIDENCE .. I evaluated the consequence... It was warm if it went in the water no big deal kite dry's off ..I am dipping it anyway.. consequence None.  If it goes in water so what..

Evaluate what you want to buy and fly.  What are the biggest consequence.  Maybe 50 bucks on a re-sale.. Or you find what you want.

If you want I'll send you my Solus Ul and you can fly her and then decide.
 Let me know..

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document