GWTW Forum
December 19, 2014, 07:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help on Bridle Settings ... previously "Frustratin'"  (Read 2616 times)
bt
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2012, 09:44 PM »

+1
By all means it may be interesting to twiddle with a bridle.... 
However in the long run it's funner and easier just to change kites/lines/flying style accordingly.
Give in.....acquire more kites.....
bt
Ken Bour
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2012, 12:09 PM »

However in the long run it's funner and easier just to change kites/lines/flying style accordingly.
Give in.....acquire more kites.....
bt

Excellent advice and I am definitely working on it! A new ProDancer-SUL just arrived this afternoon and, with any luck, I hope to take her out for a spin. The winds are very light (0-3 MPH), so it should be a nice test given my newbie skills.

Ken

Kites: SkyBurner WidowMaker-STD, SkyBurner ProDancer-SUL, Skynasaur Trooper
Tmadz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 02:25 PM »

Let me know how it goes Ken. I'm going to be in Jon's area next month and hope to stop by his shop and drool. Hopefully not on the kites.
Ken Bour

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 06:15 PM »

Let me know how it goes Ken. I'm going to be in Jon's area next month and hope to stop by his shop and drool. Hopefully not on the kites.

I am already a SkyBurner enthusiast and the fact that they are made in good ole USA is a bonus! I am lusting after a Solus-UL next and, while I KNOW I should get a WM-UL (to match my WM-STD), I am probably gonna break protocol. I love the Solus' full size (100") and the design is pretty cool. Yep, I've been playing with the colorizer... Tongue

At my below novice skill level, the most important factor is probably NOT technical consistency, but the fact that I am out flying and working on developing basic techniques. Having some variety in designs, weights, styles will do more to keep me active and interested than perfecting tricks -- at least initially. I think there will come a time when my rudiments are better and, then, I can start thinking about matching kites.

I do hope to meet some of the forum members over time... I could sure use some training help! Dodd's Flight School video (Basic + Advanced) is all I have and, to be honest, it's pretty challenging, "Fly the kite straight to the ground and, just before implosion, alligator inside the power zone, then rotate the outside wing 37 degrees while pushing inside and tugging your earlobe (the one opposite the outside wing), and, simultaneously, do a forward cartwheel (or backward - depends)." Sheesh! Huh

I have lived long enough to know that ALL hobbies worth pursuing start like this, so I am taking is slow and trying to savor JOY in the simplest elements...like not crashing! Cool

Ken

bt
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 11:32 PM »

Ah yes crashing.....that's one of the essential kiting moves to learn. Over my many years of kiting I've learnt a bunch of stuff but the one I'm most proud of is to be able to crash very softly....
bt
Tmadz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2012, 05:12 AM »

I do hope to meet some of the forum members over time... I could sure use some training help! Dodd's Flight School video (Basic + Advanced) is all I have and, to be honest, it's pretty challenging, "Fly the kite straight to the ground and, just before implosion, alligator inside the power zone, then rotate the outside wing 37 degrees while pushing inside and tugging your earlobe (the one opposite the outside wing), and, simultaneously, do a forward cartwheel (or backward - depends)." Sheesh! Huh

You forgot to mention Axel clockwise on even numbered days and reversed every other Tuesday.

I know what you mean. I need these different kites. I'm in for a ton of money and with SLK's too. It's gotten so bad that My kids have complained that I'm always looking at kites all the time on the computer. I protested and said it wasn't that bad. I said I would stop, but no and I don't care. That's an addiction.
Ken Bour

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2012, 05:39 AM »

You forgot to mention Axel clockwise on even numbered days and reversed every other Tuesday.

Oooops -- no wonder that cursed trick doesn't work! Angry

I know what you mean. I need these different kites. I'm in for a ton of money and with SLK's too. It's gotten so bad that My kids have complained that I'm always looking at kites all the time on the computer. I protested and said it wasn't that bad. I said I would stop, but no and I don't care. That's an addiction.

I remember someone advancing a plausible alternative for your condition: it's not an addiction, but a compulsion! Roll Eyes

I'm not sure it sounds that much better, but it might keep someone from organizing a kite removal intervention and, based upon your avatar caption, you'd be pretty easy to hunt down in the middle of an Iowa Illinois cornfield! Wink

Ken
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 09:49 AM by Ken Bour » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum