GWTW Forum
August 30, 2014, 07:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to post pictures?  (Read 6722 times)
mikeb
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2012, 07:16 AM »

Once again, thanks all for your help! Smiley
Ken Bour
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2012, 07:33 AM »

i do not bother resizing since i am hosting the picture somewhere else....

Excellent explanation. I was about to make a set of images to illustrate, but yours does the job nicely!

Concerning image re-sizing, when pics are downloaded from a camera (e.g., raw), they can often be upwards of 20MB each depending on resolution! When you upload pics from Picasa (computer app) to PicasaWeb (now Google+ Photos), it automatically reduces the image size suitable for web posting. For example, I just checked one pic that was 6.5MB when imported from my Canon PowerShot. After uploading to Google+ Photos, it was reduced to 66KB.

Ken

Kites: SkyBurner WidowMaker-STD, SkyBurner ProDancer-SUL, Skynasaur Trooper
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2012, 08:18 AM »

i do not bother resizing since i am hosting the picture somewhere else....

Excellent explanation. I was about to make a set of images to illustrate, but yours does the job nicely!

Concerning image re-sizing, when pics are downloaded from a camera (e.g., raw), they can often be upwards of 20MB each depending on resolution! When you upload pics from Picasa (computer app) to PicasaWeb (now Google+ Photos), it automatically reduces the image size suitable for web posting. For example, I just checked one pic that was 6.5MB when imported from my Canon PowerShot. After uploading to Google+ Photos, it was reduced to 66KB.

Ken

Thanks Ken!

Yep, since Picasa does not 'charge' you for the smaller sized pictures i just upload in the medium size and leave it at that.   works great....and i have a LOT of albums full of pictures and still am not near the max!
r

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Smeagol
Trade Count: (+79)

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2012, 01:22 PM »

I was tinkering with Picasa yesterday trying to do a linked clickable photo like John C. always does.  Even used their provided "Link to this Photo" shortcuts but it would just not work here on the forum, it just kept showing the text when I did a preview.  Not sure if it's something with Picasa or since it's a free account.  Flickr works fine using BBCode, but I didn't notice any BBCode link info on Picasa.

-Mike
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 01:24 PM by Smeagol » Logged
thief
Board Moderator

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2012, 01:33 PM »

I was tinkering with Picasa yesterday trying to do a linked clickable photo like John C. always does.  Even used their provided "Link to this Photo" shortcuts but it would just not work here on the forum, it just kept showing the text when I did a preview.  Not sure if it's something with Picasa or since it's a free account.  Flickr works fine using BBCode, but I didn't notice any BBCode link info on Picasa.

-Mike

Mike: I also only have a free account...but I noticed that something had gone weird with their provided url link...so i stopped using it.....

To do what you want to do is to put the IMAGE tags&Url inside the Link URL.
[url=http://goo.gl/mM7eV][img]http://goo.gl/JOmjI[/img][/url]

so the first URL put in is the webpage itself and then the image's url is second.

and that should give you: a clickable picture to the following page

URLs for this example were shortened to make them able to fit on one line....YMMV!

@skb: i am not certain how long it took you to figure out that tweak but darn it works well!

mikeb

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2012, 01:51 PM »

Earlier today I added another Rev Twisted to my photobucket and changed the title of the first one, I see here says it's been moved or deleted, I thought it may say that because I changed the title, so I changed the title of the Rev Nagel Girls but that picture is still here even though I changed that title too. Why is that I wonder?

Nevermind, I just got back and I see the picture was gone, so if I change my titles in photobucket the pictures disappear from here.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 02:53 PM by mikeb » Logged
mikeb

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2012, 01:27 PM »

-Mike

Mike: I also only have a free account...but I noticed that something had gone weird with their provided url link...so i stopped using it.....

so the first URL put in is the webpage itself and then the image's url is second.

URLs for this example were shortened to make them able to fit on one line....YMMV!

@skb: i am not certain how long it took you to figure out that tweak but darn it works well!
How high up was pictures 4 and 5? Those other kites look so small and far away! Great pictures! Smiley

ps, I guess I don't need clickable pictures,
thief
Board Moderator

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2012, 06:02 PM »

-Mike

How high up was pictures 4 and 5? Those other kites look so small and far away! Great pictures! Smiley

ps, I guess I don't need clickable pictures,

Actually it was only about 100'.....the drift innovation camera I use has a super wide angle lense : 170 degrees....so it looks higher....also takes big pix but I let picasa shrink them....

mikeb

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2012, 06:16 PM »

How big and low was those other kites below it? was they laying on the ground? compared to the people on the beach.
thief
Board Moderator

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2012, 04:58 AM »

How big and low was those other kites below it? was they laying on the ground? compared to the people on the beach.
Ah...pix 4&5 were higher....
Black white purple hata with long white tails is about 3' wide/long.   
White woman is the 9' I emailed about and the tang fish is about 4'  long
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 01:36 PM by thief » Logged

WonTonChickon
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2012, 12:59 PM »

I like to use Imgur.com. it seems simpler than anything else. i just click the upload button, pick as many photos as i want. Then each image has a code generator like stated before. Or you can post whole albums.

The link looks like: [IMG ]http://i.imgur.com/oTEih.jpg[/img]

and here is the real image.

just thought i would throw in my opinion.

Sam
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document