GWTW Forum
October 24, 2014, 02:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KITE PARTY 8  (Read 18796 times)
Oldgoat
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2010, 11:25 AM »

Dave I understand that this year will be an expanded version of Kite Party.  There will be additional flying areas to the south of the pier and to the north in front of the condos.  Perhaps you could share your vision of what and where.  For example do you see the big show kites to the north and the SLK “art” kites south of the pier or  …. ?  If you have described it elsewhere I apologize and would ask that you please direct me there.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 01:27 PM by Oldgoat » Logged
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2010, 01:15 PM »

hi og there is a link in the adds to your right look for the 8 ball > i did not see an answer for your question but i did not look too hard there is contact info there also hope this helps KO

have fun kurt
Revgod
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2010, 10:24 PM »

If I had a vision for you, I'd be happy to share it, but I don't. I don't know just how expanded it's going to be yet. I had to provide a rough map of fields to the city, but I only numbered fields. In addition, the budget is lower than I hoped (afraid working out a glorified dumpster for going on 4 months now has taken a bit of a toll), and I don't know how many volleyball poles I can afford to have pulled at $30.00 a pop, since at the moment there are about 50 of them in my way! I should get word this week if the city has any money to throw at the event. There was talk that there would be a few months ago, however the recent talk took a different turn (away from the bank!). I'm really sorry for all the uncertainty this year, but at this time, I don't even know if I'll be open for Kite Party. There is a design issue with the new building, and we're getting a lot of water coming in. We can't get the "final" construction signed off (and then a Cert. of Occ) until the issue is resolved. Still weeks away  Sad    Sorry....
D

HEY, THE GOOD NEW!!! I'm at the Kite Trade Show this week, want updates?!!!!!!!!!!

Steve's CTR
kitelover

« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2010, 05:26 AM »

Hang in there Dave, have some fun at KTAI. Just had a thought, how about using the volleyball courts for smaller SLK's and/or public flying? The poles could be anchors if you kept the lifters and pullers out. That would be Brian.  Wink Good luck with the issues, hope to see you soon.
kiteking
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2010, 11:01 AM »

I don't know how many volleyball poles I can afford to have pulled at $30.00 a pop, since at the moment there are about 50 of them in my way!

I'll donate $30 to assist in the removal of one post

"Wind to your back, Kite in the sky."

MikeM
Brookings, OR  - KP 4-11

#518  -    #110883 -

ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2010, 04:33 PM »

maybe we can raise enough money to buy someones REALLY nice kite REALLY cheap and raffle it i am not working at the moment but i am in for that or pole removal for 20 either way ps maybe there are some REALLY generous  kite builders out there that would  join the cause this is a GREAT event  if this is a bad idea please feel free to chastise me  KO

have fun kurt
mikenchico

« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2010, 08:52 PM »

Pay my way down (it'll be cheaper) and I'll bring the 4WD and a chain and remove all the posts you want  Cheesy   Huh   Lips sealed

oh & bail money if you would

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Kitelife
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2010, 06:00 PM »

$30 a pole, I'm in for one if it'll spur others to do the same. Wink

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
ozonejim

« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2010, 06:13 PM »

I'm with Mike, John and George

Adopt a pole for $30. Only 46 left, get yours while they last Wink

But If You Order NOW We Will Huh

« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 07:52 PM by ozonejim » Logged

moegeo
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2010, 07:31 PM »

I'm in.

Say Good Night Dick
Dano
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2010, 09:53 AM »

Count me in.
Jeepster

« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2010, 10:07 AM »

Count me in also ...

Do I get to pick the post?  Put my name on it?  Paint it?  Keep it?  Pull it out with the Jeep?  Move it South?
Kitelife
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2010, 12:15 PM »

If Dave is good with all this, we'll need some payment info. Wink

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
Revgod

« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2010, 09:42 PM »

I'm touched by your generous offers, but let me see what I can work out first. I'd much rather you spend your money on more meaningful things. Thank you though.

Steve's CTR
King-J

« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2010, 08:58 AM »

I wouldn't mind attending but with all this stink-n rain it has killed my business (Can't pour Concrete in the rain) almost out of money Cry I know we need the rain but enough is enough Angry, maybe next year

My Family, With More To Be Born                          
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change