GWTW Forum
September 01, 2014, 04:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Widow Maker std,Widow Maker Ul,Ocius Sul..same night  (Read 2777 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: June 27, 2012, 07:09 AM »

Well I got NO break the two nights ago.  I started out with Widow Maker std.  and as you will see I went to the Ul.  Then Sul.  All in about an hour and half.  Flew right until it got dark.  Feed back on Fades.  When I go to the OPcius notice how sloppy I am at first.. weird to change.  I flew her on #100 100' lines. 

This is Why I have three types of flying machines.. Std. Ul. Sul..

New Video Three

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
red sweater
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 08:11 AM »

If you do not own a Ocius Sul.. dial 1-734-454-3760 ask for Jon and order one.  IF you need a kite to fly in 1 mph wind.  Again that number is 1-734-454-3760 and ask for Jon.  1-734-454-3760 for non-stop kiting fun.  It's summer July is coming.  That is offically No Wind Month... Don't get left behind.  Order today.  1-734-454-3760 for your Ocius Sul and laugh at the guys sitting watching you with their Ul's in hand.

It would be great to know Jon got a bunch of orders.  Actually it would be funny to know he got flooded.  There would be a lot of happy camper's flying in July.  If your on the edge.  Order today before others.  Be the first in line.  You'll hate your self in the morning...  That is 1-734-454-3760 ask for Jon... Vertigo Out !!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

(this is a paid for political annoucement:  Huh  Paid by The Committte for Lighter Winds.).  Tongue

Do you want to fly in lighter winds? Sure, we all do!

My bag:
HQ Breeze, Silver Fox 2.3 Pro UL, Nirvana Std, Prism Quantum
ITW Mesa DC, Premier Popper Line Climber
Rev EXP
Tmadz
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 08:13 AM »

If you do not own a Ocius Sul.. dial 1-734-454-3760 ask for Jon and order one.  IF you need a kite to fly in 1 mph wind.  Again that number is 1-734-454-3760 and ask for Jon.  1-734-454-3760 for non-stop kiting fun.  It's summer July is coming.  That is offically No Wind Month... Don't get left behind.  Order today.  1-734-454-3760 for your Ocius Sul and laugh at the guys sitting watching you with their Ul's in hand.

It would be great to know Jon got a bunch of orders.  Actually it would be funny to know he got flooded.  There would be a lot of happy camper's flying in July.  If your on the edge.  Order today before others.  Be the first in line.  You'll hate your self in the morning...  That is 1-734-454-3760 ask for Jon... Vertigo Out !!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

No more Ritalin for you.
red sweater

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 08:18 AM »

But will it blend?

My bag:
HQ Breeze, Silver Fox 2.3 Pro UL, Nirvana Std, Prism Quantum
ITW Mesa DC, Premier Popper Line Climber
Rev EXP
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 08:20 AM »

(this is a paid for political annoucement:  Huh  Paid by The Committte for Lighter Winds.).  Tongue

why wouldn't they order one through Chico kites?  good to help Steve out as well as J&M!

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
vertigo2u

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 08:35 AM »

I am just Kidding.  By all means order the kite from your local kite store.
I am kidding about Jon.  Just emaphazing the kite...

The post was a joke.  Call STEVE Today... 530-513-6678
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 08:39 AM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Ken Bour

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 08:36 AM »

why wouldn't they order one through Chico kites?  good to help Steve out as well as J&M!

I, for one, did not realize that GWTW Kites carries SkyBurner products; I don't see any listed on the website (see http://www.chicokites.com/store/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=3).

Ken

Kites: SkyBurner WidowMaker-STD, SkyBurner ProDancer-SUL, Skynasaur Trooper
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 08:42 AM »

oh i have no clue if he does....i was just playing!!! Cheesy

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
vertigo2u

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 10:46 AM »

Vertigo  Cry <----  On his hands and knees.

Norm the Wind was crazy.  I started out trying to get the feel.  Then it started to change.  I adjusted the bridle on the Std. twice, finished on the lowest knot.  Same,same when I was flying the Ultra Lite.  Last knot.  Same with the Sul.  I was flying last knot...

Your right I have to keep some things in mind.  It's kinda funny.  But important training tips disappear in the cranium. I am not stepping forward.  I will re-read your post a few more times before I fly tonight.  I am getting to the point of allowing the nose to pop up and then I forget.  I am also unable to explain what I mean that I am feeling.  But I do know it's very close... I've done a couple.  Really cool when it unwraps. 

Thanks for your help ...

On July 1st.  We get our new phones.  My wife and I are getting I-Phones-S
Going to access to this info on the beach.  I have links to all of RandyG's videos as well as mama74.  It should help the memory cells.   Cheesy

vertigo2u

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 06:47 PM »

I'd Luv to see the video...Please post it.  It just might be the turning point.  I am laughing at ..He doesn't need anymore excuses...".  That is so funny... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

PUZZLE
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 08:16 PM »

would love to see a picture of the Ocius Sul joe

RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 04:14 AM »

If anybody has earned a pair of Straps it would be RobB.   Send RobB an airline ticket so he can come out and in 15 minutes have you doing tricks out of the FADE position. In the meantime do some more practicing. You WILL have a really nice "break through" SOON. You're going to be so happy.
I don't know if I can meet the FFF challenge, though. One or two at a time for me... When I wind the lottery, I am going to travel around the country and check out all of your flying fields. For now... any of you that might be visiting NYC, take a break from the tourist thing and come out & enjoy some lab-grade seabreezes. The kiting season starts in about 2 months...

Joe.......I can tell you this: NOBODY has tried harder than you. You'll deserve every trick you accomplish. Now drop the 540 and get with the FADE. But.......you're still NOT getting the straps until I see 4 clean FFF's. slack...baby....slack. Flic Flacs....better be sure your lines are equal.
I agree with Norm... You certainly get the 'Most Effort' trophy. My record is learning 4 tricks in one year, I'll bet you beat that this year !

vertigo2u

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 09:25 AM »

As I can tell.  #1.  Hold the Fade.  #2 Create Slack (arms back. go forward fast)
Let the kite roll over on itself.  Maintain Fade and roll out ??  Lips sealed Lips sealed

adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 09:33 AM »

Joe, we've talked about all of this stuff that's been posted tons of times. Just do the flic flac, and let it rotate just a bit farther until its 3/4 rolled up. When this is done, pull both hands back and 'unroll' the kite into a fade. Rinse and repeat as many times as you'd like, haha. Start on the UL, it'll move just a bit slower and give you more time to think. The Ocius SUL will do them nicely if you replace the LS with 2pts, which will give you some more momentum to work with in lower winds and increase the high end a bit. I dont notice much off the low end, but I have the zero air spreaders too. Give it a shot.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 09:39 AM »

Nicely done Norm!  I felt like I was watching martins 'study' series of flight tutorials.   

6 kite tom
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document