I'm staying in Newport beach over the weekend.
Looking forward to flying in beach winds vs. my local bumpy winds.
I'm expecting the beachs to be crowded, so is their a better beach for stunt kites. (Newport, Huntington, Seal etc)
By the way: How did this flying adventure turn out? Did you get Lab Grade winds?
Brought my WM UL and Infinity. Winds were up & the UL never made it out of the car.
I've had two weeks of high frustration trying to learn the fade. Hoping for success at the beach but found none.
I did get lab grade winds, but my ability to adapt from my local bumply winds gave me issues with timing on most tricks
Flew much better on Tuesday in high winds back home in Vegas.
Some positives from the beach.
- higher winds were great for my large show kites.
- was able to hold fades for a looooooong time. my wife was realy impressed.
- even in the high winds I have success with the side slide. Found I can now do them better in local winds.
- changed my approach to practice and have been finaly getting success with the fade.
- Will be better prepared for my next beach trip