GWTW Forum
April 20, 2014, 06:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GWTW Kite Shop (Order Status)  (Read 2518 times)
JB
Trade Count: (0)

« on: June 28, 2012, 08:23 PM »

I'm posting this here as I'm really not sure where this post should go.

Anyway, I was hoping someone could shed some light on a question I have about my online order that I made from GWTW Kite Shop.

Two or three days ago, I ordered online through GWTW, one line set and a Prism Repair Kit.  The money has been deducted from my pay pal account, but for the past three days, my order is listed as "Processing".  I was hoping to get these items before this weekend, but at this point I am not sure.  I have called steve about a dozen times and left two or three voicemail messages.  I even sent him a PM today and still no reply.

Can someone please clue me in to how the GWTW Online Kite Shop Works.  Is this normal?  The message on Steve's voicemail indicates he can be reached from 9-5pm PST Mon Thru Fri.  Is he outa town, on vacation?

coop
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 08:28 PM »

The cart on his site doesn't work properly.  I just spoke with Steve a couple days ago as I ordered a repair kit as well. They are currently out of stock and he expects more in July. He will have your order. I have ordered from him before, no worries. He will get back to you.

TOTL Hawaiian Spinoff(2), TOTL Hawaiian Team(2), TOTL Windrule, TOTL NSR, HQ Passion, MEFM(Aust.), MEFM vented(Aus), MEFM(2), BMK Mamba, HQ Tramontana, NoNaMe, Stranger, Psycho, Atomic Wedgee, BMK Mantis UL, TOTL Sizzle
JB

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 08:38 PM »

The cart on his site doesn't work properly.  I just spoke with Steve a couple days ago as I ordered a repair kit as well. They are currently out of stock and he expects more in July. He will have your order. I have ordered from him before, no worries. He will get back to you.

Two reasons I ordered the repair kit and line from him..  One, his site said they were in stock and two, I wanted to establish a customer/retailer relationship with a store I planned on purchasing from on a regular basis.  Considering that half my order is not in stock when it was listed as in stock, puts a slightly bitter taste in my mouth.   I could of ordered it somewhere else and had it here already.  Furthermore, why is it that I hear this info from a freindly forum member and not the shop owner?

What gives?
PUZZLE
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 08:54 PM »

ive ordered lots of stuff from steve, always comes through , and sometimes stuff is on back ordered

mikeb

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 09:04 PM »

Now that you mention this, I ordered a few line sets a few days ago, the package came yesterday and I haven't had the time or the need to open the package, I hope it isn't a few repair kits Smiley Thanks Steve!
JB

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 09:12 PM »

Now that you mention this, I ordered a few line sets a few days ago, the package came yesterday and I haven't had the time or the need to open the package, I hope it isn't a few repair kits Smiley Thanks Steve!

I hate to say it, but your reply made me laugh.

Fair enough.  Hopefully Steve will get back to me.
Wayner
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 09:15 PM »

Sorry you have had a problem.

Steve has always been very helpful to me.

I'm sure he will get to you soon.
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 12:09 AM »

Don't stress over it.  Steve will come through and he's probably been on the phone with Mark about the repair kits already trying to get an eta for ya.  MOst of us have gotten in the habit of e-mailing him with our laundry lists instead of going through the site due to the few issues and you will get a ship notice when he sends it or a phone call if you left a number if there is a problem.
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 12:09 AM »

Repair kits are not going to be available till the end of july.   Prism is sold out.  We are waiting on ours as well.  Steve is a good guy.  I am sure he will get with you very soon if not already.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 04:08 AM »

every shop has issues like this occasionally....Give him another call and i am certain you will get a response back.....he is also "steve" here on the forum drop him a PM too if you like to check in.

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
RobB

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 04:18 AM »

Just put together your own repair kit. A small tackle box is all you need, fill it up with parts. Besides, you get to drive Steve nuts with a crazy laundry list of miscellaneous stuff !   Cheesy

Be patient, sometimes it goes like this, but most of the time you'll be left wondering how Steve gets what you ordered to your door so fast. He's gotten boxes to me in 2 days, coast to coast... I figure he must KNOW someone at the post office to get a special inside deal.

Tmadz
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 04:25 AM »

Sometimes order fulfillment doesn't meet out timelines. I have learned what to order to build my own parts kit as well. Its a learning process.  Kite shops are certainly not the same as "the river" website. This is Steves business, but sometimes things happen. It's OK to order from somewhere else as well (sorry Steve), but at the same time this forum is visited by kiters from around the world. Steve hosts this for our benefit. I am not worried that Steve is working his hardest to get your order, but life happens. Rest assured he will get back to you shortly.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 09:39 AM by Tmadz » Logged
JB

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 07:33 AM »

every shop has issues like this occasionally....Give him another call and i am certain you will get a response back.....he is also "steve" here on the forum drop him a PM too if you like to check in.

Called him around a dozen times and left 2 or 3 voicemails.  Left him a PM yesterday.  Still no reply.

Farmer_rob
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 08:14 AM »

There is no answer here that will satisfy you. Plenty of folks have told you there is something obviously out of the norm.

Our experience is that it will work out. 

It is out of the ordinary, more calls is only exasperating you.

Patience and good health-

Farmer Rob est. 1999
Longtime Member- Ask Dan Whitney- LOL
(and if u don;t know Dan, well... there's yer sign)
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2012, 08:15 AM »

Just be patient.  Steve will get you taken care of.  ITs been a busy week for him with the shop, site issues and life stuff, as well as issues within the kite industry itself. Just make sure you left good contact info and if you have it your order # from the site.  Paypal will send the money right away but there may be a delay due to the shopping cart problems and its a pain to get the order info out sometimes and if the notification didn't get sent right he will not only have to deal with the site host but paypal and his source for your items if they are out of stock.  

Steve would rather contact you and tell you its backordered and he will have it by a certain date than just tell you you have to wait.  HE's old school that way and prefers to get you the answers you want, then contact you with the options available.  Rarely does it take more than a few days but it happens and he always comes through.  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography