GWTW Forum
November 25, 2014, 02:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Transformer SSUL  (Read 1308 times)
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« on: June 29, 2012, 10:00 PM »

I was clearing out my hard drive and came across some video.  This is from my pre-Taz era, but rest assured the kite does them quite well.

Transformer SSUL on Vimeo

6 kite tom
PeteW
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 10:12 PM »

"There was an error encountered while loading this video."  Sad
But I am still able to see it on vimeo so may be this is their problem.

Nice flying. The wind in second part seems to be quite high for SUL. Can you remember what were the conditions in first and second part of the clip?
tpatter

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 11:14 PM »

Yeah, you have a good eye.  Practically no wind at all in the first clip, lots of wind for the second.

I was being rather aggressive with the kite in both, but it handles it.  The SSUL is very floaty and you really can finesse it if you want to as well.

6 kite tom
martijn
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 06:22 AM »

nice flying and......great surrounding!!!
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 07:41 AM »

T ,  It blocked from my view...?? anyone blocked out ??  It says loading error...

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Ken Bour

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 08:13 AM »

T ,  It blocked from my view...?? anyone blocked out ??  It says loading error...

Try clicking on the link immediately below the window - it took me straight to the Vimeo page where it played fine. It appears that the Forum is unable to process Vimeo uploads (they all show errors) or, possibly, there is some missing codec in my browser (Chrome).

Ken

Kites: SkyBurner WidowMaker-STD, SkyBurner ProDancer-SUL, Skynasaur Trooper
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 03:42 PM »

Tom,  Some real nice skills.  Really nice skills... Luved the backgrounds..

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
red sweater

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 04:30 PM »

I always get that error with embedded Vimeo videos on this board. I thought I was the only one.

Can I ask, how long does it take to learn all those tricks? I don't get out flying enough. Still working on getting my first couple of tricks (axel and half axel) consistently. I have a long list of what I want to learn next!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 07:01 PM by red sweater » Logged

My bag:
HQ Breeze, Silver Fox 2.3 Pro UL, Nirvana Std, Prism Quantum
ITW Mesa DC, Premier Popper Line Climber
Rev EXP
Ca Ike

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 06:25 PM »

I always get that error with embedded Vimeo videos on this board. I thought I was the only one.

Can I ask, how long does it take to learn all those tricks? I don't get out flying enough. Still working on getting my first trick couple tricks (axel and half axel) consistently. I have a long list of what I want to learn next!
Different for everyone.  Took me a couple years to get cought up with just some of the flippy tricks and I still have a ways to go.
coogee

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 01:10 AM »

Very nice flying, what length lines were you using? Love the maples in the background!
         Mike
Tmadz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 05:56 AM »

Very nice flying. Give me a couple of years I hope to develop some real skills.

I love the location. Is it as beautiful as it looks? My wife has been trying to get me to the northwest for years. The more I fly the more I want to move too, but obligations will keep us here for a while.
tpatter

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 11:55 PM »

Thanks for the nice comments.

It truly is an amazing place to fly.  I don't think that I've ever had the right angle on any of my videos shot at this location,  but Mount Rainier stands large and tall on the horizon of lake Washington which you can see in the background -it is an astoundingly beautiful view on a clear day.    Summer is perfect here. When there is any sort of wind, there is nowhere I like flying more!  Smiley

The wind is sweet here when it comes from the north or south, but I usually just go out and try to make the best of whatever is there.   If you are ever visiting the area, let me know - I always like flying with other flyers!

This spot and 2 others are the primary flying spots in the Seattle area.

Tom

6 kite tom
Shane

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 09:03 AM »

It truly is an amazing place to fly! .... I miss it very much. Two other places huh... Golden gardens must be one.... What is the other? You still need to try my old downtown spot. If the wind is coming from the north west or south it is a great spot... And no one else toys there now that I am in Colorado. Go to the pier, grab a kite or two and walk down the walkway by the sculpture park, when you get to the stones that are stacked on top of eachother there is room for maybe two kiters. Love the view and the wind is great if its coming in from the water.

I will be in Seattle in the next few months and hopefully will have my new dynamite by then. We should get together and fly. I need some pointers on the taz and comete... I can't figure out the comete for the life of me and it seems you and your son have them down pat.

Good wind to you my friend.
Shane

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

"Once you have flown, you will walk with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return." Leonardo Da Vinci
tpatter

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2012, 09:27 AM »

It will be fun to fly together again, let me know when you are in town.  I'd love to try the Dynamite and I've got a few new ones that you should try as well.   With your quick learning ability, one in particular will have you doing the comete in no time at all.

The other place I was thinking of is Gasworks.  It's small and usually crowded, but if you feel like showing off then you have a built in audience!  If I were a kite maker, I could sell 2 every time I go there!    Smiley.  When the wind is off the water, well, I think it would give heaven a run for its money for sure.   I went to the fireworks display there this week - crazy, there were some 25,000 people there!  Just a sea of people.   During the week however, not many at all.

I will try the spot you mentioned - is that Myrtle Edwards?  Before my company moved, we were right there.

Good winds to you as well!  Say hello to John for me, although I imagine that he is on his annual kiting circuit tour right now. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 10:19 AM by tpatter » Logged

6 kite tom
Shane

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2012, 10:00 AM »

Ahh yes gasworks... A bit small but certainly fun when the wind is right. John is on his circuit. He left in may or June I believe and is somewhere in cali if I remember right.... Yes myrtle Edwards is the spot. Can't wait to fly with ya.
Talk to ya soon I hope.
Shane

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

"Once you have flown, you will walk with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return." Leonardo Da Vinci
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum