GWTW Forum
November 26, 2014, 01:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new fighter!  (Read 1673 times)
thief
Trade Count: (+25)

« on: June 28, 2012, 06:40 PM »

Kathy Goodwind
Astro Fighter
dated 1989
Brand new

The mylar dot is NASA mylar that was from the space part of Boeing too......
probably the last in her shop....and in case you had not heard Gasworks kites is closing soon...

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Desertflier
Trade Count: (+26)

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 06:46 PM »

Nice!  Wink

All gave some, some gave all- U.S. Army Vet
Wayner
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 09:19 PM »

Wow, love it.
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 02:32 PM »

Sweet, but they are a little difficult to tell which end is up in the heat of battle   Huh

I was saddened by the news that Kathy was closing shop when I heard last weekend. Long a mainstay in kiting, at least since I returned to it back in the mid 1980's. Kiting would not have been the same without the involvement of people like her.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
thief

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 06:02 AM »

Got this guy out on Tuesday....it is super sweet with the right wind....i LOVE the shape it bends into with the wind....turns into a spikey tear drop.....

It was tracking really smoothly and easily controllable in the winds i was out in.....given slack it flattens out (the kite physically does) and then spins very well....luckily for me on this one the red oval is off-centered fore/aft so it is pretty easy to recognize which is forward....

Yah know....i sold a lot of fighters through the shop...and never got into them....had a Buka that Steve LeTourneau made for me as well as a Jeff Howard Fandango...never really got into them.....now...17 years later i am finally coming around....never going to be the fighter guy who carries 20-50 kites with me...i have my three and that is fine.....just need to get another Curtis Bias wooden YoYo.......

mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 07:16 AM »

....just need to get another Curtis Bias wooden YoYo.......
;

Hmmmm..... my brother in law used to enjoy turning some bowls and hasn't been real busy in remodeling lately. I wonder if he still has the equipment and a wood source? I should tell him I know of a market for 5-10 bowls with the bottom cut out. Black Walnut Burl OK? That would be hecka' expensive even here where you can't throw a rock without hitting a black walnut tree.

Thanks for pic & report, those were definitely one the more unique  fighters ever offered retail. I have one of Kathy's SLKs with the same shape/framing, can't recall the name.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
thief

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 08:30 AM »

....just need to get another Curtis Bias wooden YoYo.......
;

Hmmmm..... my brother in law used to enjoy turning some bowls and hasn't been real busy in remodeling lately. I wonder if he still has the equipment and a wood source? I should tell him I know of a market for 5-10 bowls with the bottom cut out. Black Walnut Burl OK? That would be hecka' expensive even here where you can't throw a rock without hitting a black walnut tree.
Thanks for pic & report, those were definitely one the more unique  fighters ever offered retail. I have one of Kathy's SLKs with the same shape/framing, can't recall the name.

Hey Mike: shoot me an email about winders....I am sure we can work out a deal!
Kathy has a bunch that New Tech was producing: http://www.newtechkites.com/categories.php?category=DESIGNER-SERIES/Kathy-Goodwind
as well as the Starflake and Asteroid cellular pieces that were branded from Goodwinds.....

thief

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 03:20 PM »

FILE0015

okay winds...on and off....still getting used to this one!

mikeb
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 05:24 PM »

Looks like a fun kite, you are doing fine with it, I'm sure I would break it before I got used to it.
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 05:40 PM »

There are some great bridle details here for the Nirvana:

http://reeddesign.co.uk/pdf/NirvanaBridles.pdf

The one in your picture is on page 3 (I think).  Both should be detailed in the doc. 

Don't know about Ns in general, but both my Nirvana NFX and 15 have noses that look like your picture.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 05:45 PM by tpatter » Logged

6 kite tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum