GWTW Forum
December 21, 2014, 12:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bridle questions  (Read 1300 times)
red sweater
Trade Count: (0)

« on: July 05, 2012, 05:10 PM »

I just received my latest purchase, and I had some questions. I've never worked with bridles before (outside of moving larksheads up and down to pre-defined stop points), and this one included two.

I think I have it figured out, but I wanted to verify. First, here's the bridle that was attached when it was shipped. I'm guessing this is the reverse turbo bridle? (The towel is just to get some contrast behind the bridle.)

Here's the second bridle that was shipped, and I think I have it layed out for the same left wing as above. Tow point on the bottom, then clockwise around: lower outhaul, upper outhaul, and inhaul. This is just the stock turbo bridle, right? (It's hard to photograph without pulling it up to a third dimension. That keeper line is distorting the shape when it's pressed flat.)

In the selling post, tpatter says he prefers the reverse turbo. What's the difference between the two? What will be the differences in handling? Or is it just a matter of personal preference for advanced fliers?

Finally, the nose webbing likes to sit rotated about 45 degrees. Is this an issue I should worry about, and if so, how would I address it? Or is it not important?

My bag:
HQ Breeze, Silver Fox 2.3 Pro UL, Nirvana Std, Prism Quantum
ITW Mesa DC, Premier Popper Line Climber
Rev EXP
cerfvoliste
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 07:42 PM »

Just my 2 cents... there may be lots of opinions on the bridle. If you'll notice on the reverse turbo the pig tail leg goes to the leading edge helping with spin tricks like the Taz. the 3 point pig tail goes to the spine. just a matter of prefference.

As for the nose... no problem, it will straighten out with wind in the sail.
CV

dihongshao2000
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 08:03 PM »

You can search Nirvana on GWTW.  It provides all kind of information that can be helpful.

This is what Tom replied today here:

http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=7818.0

It is repeated below:

"There are some great bridle details here for the Nirvana:

http://reeddesign.co.uk/pdf/NirvanaBridles.pdf

The one in your picture is on page 3 (I think).  Both should be detailed in the doc. 

Don't know about Ns in general, but both my Nirvana NFX and 15 have noses that look like your picture."

The nose does not affect performance at all and here is a video of this kite in action. 

https://vimeo.com/42021982

Enjoy your kite  Smiley

B-13
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 08:15 PM »

PM or mail me..i have the original and tweaked Nirvana bridle config

B

Proud Member of Kitelife.com #943 Smiley
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+20)

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 10:39 PM »

I've put two bridles on the same kite for testing lots of times. Makes it real easy to switch between them before the wind changes.

Allen, AKA kitehead
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum