GWTW Forum
November 27, 2014, 01:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Withdrawn  (Read 5419 times)
np
Trade Count: (+26)

« on: May 20, 2009, 10:08 AM »

Smiley
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 12:11 PM by np » Logged
SKITCH
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 04:08 PM »

I think that is the kite that turns into a crime fighting robot whenever trouble is near. (Previous conversation on the old forum) Good to have around soccer players.    Wink Wink

Patrick

pgibble on the "old" forum

I fully appreciate the ability of trees to attract kites. They have special powers that way.

Charlie Dunton
KaoS
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 05:08 PM »

I've had mine for a couple of years and really love it.  Very trickable, but also nice solid tracking.

Quality of finish is not quite Blue Moon, but is very good - at least on par with a Chinese made Prism.  Sail is polyester (I'm guessing around 0.6 oz). My Eyesight is a Chinese framed kite, but I believe the ones available in the US are Skyshark framed.  I replaced the lower spreaders on mine with Skyshark 5PTs.  They are easier to get in and out of the leading edge fittings than the Chinese 'no brand' ones.

The graphic is a "love it or hate it" design.  I don't mind it at all, but a lot of people have said it is the world's ugliest sport kite.  Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

I'm surprised it isn't a more popular kite, I reckon it is great value for money, and I'm keeping mine!

Kevin Sanders

Willunga, South Australia
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 10:06 PM »

I like the way the Eyesight looks. Definitely different than what's "normal" in trick kite graphics. I've also seen a couple of videos of it and like how it looks tricking too.

Pull the trigger on that deal and get it. If you don't like it, send me an email.

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
KaoS
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 06:39 AM »

Looks really nice - and so does the flying location.

Let us know what you think of it after you've had a bit of time on the lines

Kevin Sanders

Willunga, South Australia
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 09:48 AM »

Don't know about the colors, but I like the way this one looks.  How could anyone that grew up with transformers not like it.

Then again, I like kites with faces.

6 kite tom
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 10:48 AM »

If it is possible to look better.  Cheesy
Oh yeah. I think they've left themselves quite a lot of room for improvement there  Huh

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 12:49 PM »

Sweet looking beach. The Eyesight doesn't look bad either and it won't be confused with any other kite. Fly it and enjoy yourself if you like the way it tricks, well ... it'll start looking a lot better to you.

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
tpatter

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2009, 03:19 PM »

Is that a red Shadow?

6 kite tom
tpatter

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 04:43 PM »

Haha!  :0

Yes, I still have the Shadow - I even had to replace the trailing edge on it once.  And I am up to 7 kites now, but I only fly 4 of them.

6 kite tom
Dave a
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2009, 05:06 PM »

I pulled the trigger and this is what it looks like. So far I really
like it, but I'll keep you in mind if things change.
I got to fly KaoS's Eyesight yesterday, and despite appearances it is a really nice kite to fly.
Quite light on the lines and really tricky, i was even able to pull off a couple of sweet 540 flatspins, which arent my strong point, so it gets the thumbs up from me just for that  Smiley

...and i dont mind the look, yours is probably the best ive seen actually, nice colours.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum