GWTW Forum
October 01, 2014, 05:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Practice yesterday and today... new video Norm 7/16/12  (Read 3011 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: July 10, 2012, 03:13 PM »

This video is yesterday at the Beach winds were 11 mph. pain in the ... But I worked it... The new grip is great.  I am able to snap my wrist and control my roll up's. Working hard for those California Finger Straps.  Gonna earn em'. 

Practicing

This was this afternoon.  It's dinner time.  Hoping for some Chinese carry out and some wind...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

This was at Bethesda Church ... Not bad place to fly... wind was low and high .  Not going to quit till I can do four in a row,..  I want those straps.   Angry Angry Angry

More Today

« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 04:44 PM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
PUZZLE
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 03:17 PM »

nice video joe, i like seeing the average flier like me doing tricks, i like videos where you can see the pilot
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:31 PM by PUZZLE » Logged

kepople
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 10:21 AM »

How about a pic of the new grip?

Kirb
vertigo2u

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 09:17 AM »

Norm, I was on the edge.  That is why a lot of tricks drifted to the right.  No excuses here Drill Sgt.  Sad 

Last night Jon gave me a kite to try out.  Wants me to fly her at the Beach.  I did every trick I know with her last night in lousy low wind.  I said something to him about the bridle.  He said it was o.k.  I then snapped and said "... I fly with the best bridle's in the game, don't tell me abut bridle's..." and we laughed. 

Now, I could buy some fancy,nancy straps from every internet site on line.  I got the cash (minus $24.51) in my pocket.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy.

But like Jon,  I want the The Best California Finger Straps in the business.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Those straps represent four things:

1.) I can do a nice controlled Fade

2.) I can do a Flic Flac

3.) I can do a French Flci Flac (American & French versions )

4.) I can do a least one rung or more of Jacob's Ladder

When I put those Finger Straps on ... I'll get to feel The Nirvana of learning new tricks.

That is one of the Best Feelings ... It was great sharing them with you.  Your critic is always appreciated and so important.  I can take it ...  Cry Cry

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 07:05 PM »

Now, I could buy some fancy,nancy straps from every internet site on line.  I got the cash (minus $24.51) in my pocket.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy.
But like Jon,  I want the The Best California Finger Straps in the business.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Steve has carried these straps as well.... drop him an email to see what h3 has in stock....

You can purchase a pair of California Custom Flight Straps from A Wind of Change. Then you will be able to do the 4 'clean' (not edited) AVFFF and earn your free pair (maybe 2) of Straps of your size and color choice. Now, quite whining about a little heat (we were 108 today) and get out and fly and show me some respectable AVFFF's.....kite DI

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 07:50 PM »

I no longer carry California Custom Straps but feel free to use that name Norm.

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
red sweater
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 06:35 AM »

I no longer carry California Custom Straps but feel free to use that name Norm.

Yeah, I was searching the site (and the web in general) and not seeing any reference to these. Pics, please?

My bag:
HQ Breeze, Silver Fox 2.3 Pro UL, Nirvana Std, Prism Quantum
ITW Mesa DC, Premier Popper Line Climber
Rev EXP
vertigo2u

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 06:39 AM »

Red,  Contact Norm he has some really nice straps.  A number of different style's..
Maybe he can help...

kepople

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 08:06 AM »

are we talking about the 6" Straps he shows on the web page?
Wayner
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 10:27 AM »

No, he doesn't have any of Norm's Custom Flight Straps listed on his webpages. You'll have to call him.

Very Nice straps. I bought mine at A Wind of Change (my local kite store). Saw them on dislay and had to buy them.  Cool

madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2012, 06:25 PM »

I've been curious to know about  this new grip you are using.  Can you explain?

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
red sweater

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2012, 06:55 PM »

No, he doesn't have any of Norm's Custom Flight Straps listed on his webpages. You'll have to call him.

Very Nice straps. I bought mine at A Wind of Change (my local kite store). Saw them on dislay and had to buy them.  Cool

I'm still looking for pics, or a description, or something to justify the expense and extra effort in tracking these down. I guess the glowing reviews from certain members should be enough, but color me curious. Can anyone help?

My bag:
Rev EXP
kepople

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2012, 07:35 PM »

I am waiting on pix from kent at woc.
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2012, 04:09 AM »

http://gwtw-kites.typepad.com/news/2010/12/in-store-soon.html

http://gwtw-kites.typepad.com/news/2010/11/premium-flying-straps.html

Here are some pix etc
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 04:11 AM by thief » Logged

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
red sweater

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2012, 07:35 AM »

Thanks. They look good. Soft (climbing-type?) webbing sounds very comfortable. Next time I order from AWoC, I'll ask about what stock they might still have around.

My bag:
Rev EXP
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document