GWTW Forum
October 23, 2014, 02:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UFO  (Read 510 times)
rob103
Trade Count: (+2)

UFO
« on: July 13, 2012, 08:50 PM »

Hi all, I was wondering if any of you nice people could help me identify this kite.
This kite is one of a batch I bought that included a rev, 2 flexifoil stacker 8's, an Elliot LaLuna, a 9 foot spectra star, a premier something or other, an un flown 6 pack of trlby's and a handful of gomberg and premier single liners. The Kite measures approx 7 foot wingtip to wingtip and 35 inches high, beman carbon light 14 spars and icarex fabric. The only identifying mark anywhere on the kite is a tiny mark by the trailing end of the spine "CS" with the tail of the s underlining the c. Having turned out to be one of my favorite kites of the bunch, I'd appreciate somehelp id'ing it.

[attachment deleted by admin]
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 10:57 PM »

That's the 3/4 version of the Skyburner Pro Dancer. I have one and can never remember the actual name Jon gave it. I hope somebody can come up with it so I can write it down. A call to Jon and Marieanne would probably get it.

Mine was named "Bob" by the daughters boyfriend, afraid that has blocked my recollection. It is a fun kite, I should break mine out again.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 11:05 PM by mikenchico » Logged

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 02:59 AM »

That's the 3/4 version of the Skyburner Pro Dancer. I have one and can never remember the actual name Jon gave it. I hope somebody can come up with it so I can write it down.

3/4 version of the Skyburner Pro Dancer = Star Dancer

ATB,
Sam
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 07:50 AM »

Thanks Sam,  I knew it had something to do with the night sky but could never sy for sure if it was star or moon or even if dancer was included, a lot of years ago, maybe 1991 or 92? I need to go tag that bag.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change