Fly one for the girls, three sisters memorial kite fly A BRIEF FOLLOW-UP
(1/4) > >>
whitebirdlover:
Our small community of River Falls, Wi. lost three of it's young members tragically last week, ages 11, 8, 5 (you can find the story if you look).   :(  I am organizing a local kite fly to help our kids express their loss. I'll post the date when it's set, an upcoming Saturday. Please spread the word and join us in flying a kite to remember these young lives... our three angles...
Hearts in flight for world peace...
Thanks for helping...
Anthony

Here's the link to event pics:
https://picasaweb.google.com/108727946454916120295/KidsNKites
Flying Fish:
Just read what happened. This is really horrible .... How can anyone do such a thing???

Let me know when the memorial fly is and I'll do my best to fly a kite for them as well on the other side of the Atlantic.
whitebirdlover:
After some very helpful input from the knowledgeable members here, looks like I'll put up three arches, 57 kites total, white center kite for each girl...
We had a well attended an heartfelt memorial this past Tuesday evening...
Our community has a long way to go in healing, I don't know how their mother can do this, no doubt through a state of Grace...
I'll post a date when I have one finalized...
boomertype:
Quote from: whitebirdlover on July 19, 2012, 06:46 PM

After some very helpful input from the knowledgeable members here, looks like I'll put up three arches, 57 kites total, white center kite for each girl...
Our community has a long way to go in healing, I don't know how their mother can do this, no doubt through a state of Grace...
I'll post a date when I have one finalized...

Pictures please!
We've had to similar incidents in the Seattle area this past year.  In one the father had a monitored visit by DHS with his two sons.  He pulled the two boys into the house and locked out the DHS person, torched the house and axed the kids. In the other a guy killed his wife and daughter in a fire, then went into the woods, when the police surrounded him he shot himself.
This makes three - it's time for this to stop.
You have our prayers as you take on this task.  Blessings on you and your community!
red sweater:
Quote from: whitebirdlover on July 19, 2012, 06:46 PM

I never know what to say in these situations. Some people can do horrible things, and do them to the innocent left in their trust. It makes me so mad, but that doesn't help anything. I used to try to put these stories out of my head, because it made me uncomfortable. But as a new(ish) dad, I'm finding that harder and harder to do.

I'm really moved every time I recall this story: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Carl_Roberts#Amish_response_to_the_crime
I wish I could be that strong.

Thanks for doing what you're doing. May God be with you and your community.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page