GWTW Forum
August 21, 2014, 11:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fly one for the girls, three sisters memorial kite fly A BRIEF FOLLOW-UP  (Read 3184 times)
whitebirdlover
Trade Count: (+18)

« on: July 17, 2012, 04:44 AM »

Our small community of River Falls, Wi. lost three of it's young members tragically last week, ages 11, 8, 5 (you can find the story if you look).   Sad  I am organizing a local kite fly to help our kids express their loss. I'll post the date when it's set, an upcoming Saturday. Please spread the word and join us in flying a kite to remember these young lives... our three angles...
Hearts in flight for world peace...
Thanks for helping...
Anthony

Here's the link to event pics:
https://picasaweb.google.com/108727946454916120295/KidsNKites
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 03:51 PM by whitebirdlover » Logged

Anthony
Flying Fish
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 05:10 AM »

Just read what happened. This is really horrible .... How can anyone do such a thing???

Let me know when the memorial fly is and I'll do my best to fly a kite for them as well on the other side of the Atlantic.

whitebirdlover

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 06:46 PM »

After some very helpful input from the knowledgeable members here, looks like I'll put up three arches, 57 kites total, white center kite for each girl...
We had a well attended an heartfelt memorial this past Tuesday evening...
Our community has a long way to go in healing, I don't know how their mother can do this, no doubt through a state of Grace...
I'll post a date when I have one finalized...

Anthony
boomertype
Trade Count: (+26)

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 07:04 PM »

After some very helpful input from the knowledgeable members here, looks like I'll put up three arches, 57 kites total, white center kite for each girl...
Our community has a long way to go in healing, I don't know how their mother can do this, no doubt through a state of Grace...
I'll post a date when I have one finalized...

Pictures please!
We've had to similar incidents in the Seattle area this past year.  In one the father had a monitored visit by DHS with his two sons.  He pulled the two boys into the house and locked out the DHS person, torched the house and axed the kids. In the other a guy killed his wife and daughter in a fire, then went into the woods, when the police surrounded him he shot himself.
This makes three - it's time for this to stop.
You have our prayers as you take on this task.  Blessings on you and your community!
red sweater
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 07:57 AM »

I never know what to say in these situations. Some people can do horrible things, and do them to the innocent left in their trust. It makes me so mad, but that doesn't help anything. I used to try to put these stories out of my head, because it made me uncomfortable. But as a new(ish) dad, I'm finding that harder and harder to do.

I'm really moved every time I recall this story: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Carl_Roberts#Amish_response_to_the_crime
I wish I could be that strong.

Thanks for doing what you're doing. May God be with you and your community.

My bag:
HQ Breeze, Silver Fox 2.3 Pro UL, Nirvana Std, Prism Quantum
ITW Mesa DC, Premier Popper Line Climber
Rev EXP
Shane
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 08:29 AM »

If you haven't heard... Last night at the opening of the new barman in Colorado. A guy opened fire in the theatre and killed 12 and wounded 38... This world is messed up. My heart and prayers are with everyone.
Shane

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

"Once you have flown, you will walk with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return." Leonardo Da Vinci
whitebirdlover

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 06:57 PM »

Well, things are shaping up...
Rob Banks is going to sew wing tip loops for constructing an arch and the final configuration is going to be 51 kites, six colors per side with three whites in the middle.
Looks like the first and second week in Sept. are the target dates. I plan to fly these as much as possible during the month of Sept. School starts up again and I know there will be classmates missing their pals. It's a delicate situation, respecting the needs of their mother and providing an outlet and positive experience for the community to move forward with. Plans are in the works for some sort of gathering around the start of school. Our trials are a localized reflection of endless difficult circumstances and tragedies occurring globally. And, while our children are being honored and remembered here, these efforts are dedicated to giving awareness and prayers for relief to all suffering beings...

Anthony
whitebirdlover

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 05:05 PM »

This idea for a memorial fly has transformed into quite an event with date now set, kites, music and who knows what on Oct. 7... Smiley Smiley Smiley
I plan to fly the arch Theif is sewing up as often as possible before then along with the mesh star I picked up here from Pudders, the star is for the oldest, Amanda Rose...

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 05:11 PM by whitebirdlover » Logged

Anthony
whitebirdlover

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 11:02 AM »

A sincere note of thanks to David Gomberg and "Thief"
for their generous contributions to this effort...
May you always find the good winds... no matter which way they blow...  Smiley Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 08:33 PM by whitebirdlover » Logged

Anthony
whitebirdlover

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 10:44 AM »

It's this weekend and it looks like we'll have fair winds and moderate temps...
Fly One For the Girls if you can...

Anthony
whitebirdlover

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 09:57 PM »

Fantastic event!!! A great time was had by all!!! Many thanks to Dave Gomberg and Rob Banks for their contributions to making a terrific looking arch!!! Facebook users can see highlights at "kids 'n kites" on that site. Looks like it may become an annual event, sure hope so...

Anthony
SkyDancer

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 05:21 AM »

Facebook users can see highlights at "kids 'n kites" on that site.

How about providing a URL so those of us who do not use Facebook can see some of the photos?

Sport kite beginner (dual and quad), kite festival announcer, kite club webmaster, amateur videographer, ham radio operator, private pilot (PP-ASEL), ballroom dancer.
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 05:51 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/groups/127564937390391/
it is set as a request membership group, but there are some nice pictures in there...

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
SkyDancer

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 06:51 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/groups/127564937390391/
it is set as a request membership group, but there are some nice pictures in there...

Thanks. Facebook won't show me that page without logging in. Since I don't have a Facebook account, I guess I'm out of luck.

Sport kite beginner (dual and quad), kite festival announcer, kite club webmaster, amateur videographer, ham radio operator, private pilot (PP-ASEL), ballroom dancer.
whitebirdlover

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2012, 01:02 AM »

Sorry for the oversight on my part about the FB Page,
Lets see if I got this right:

https://picasaweb.google.com/108727946454916120295/KidsNKites

The local weekly paper had some nice coverage and I'm working on getting pics from them to upload...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 05:15 PM by whitebirdlover » Logged

Anthony
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document